Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,289 Posts
My brother in law bought one from them back in April was really pleased with them, so I figured i'd let them order mine. I'm excited, this is my first SxS, i'm normally on 2 wheels. So far the dealership as been great, especially since last week once I got the call that it was headed to us. Great communication
First? Keep it on 4 wheels. Don't do doughnuts, sure way to roll over. Make sure you either have, or get harnesses.

Reactions: jmneill and gSwift

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
First? Keep it on 4 wheels. Don't do doughnuts, sure way to roll over. Make sure you either have, or get harnesses.
I agree with Hollywood except on all 4 wheels. Keeping it on at least 2 wheels is just a little more exciting and still safe, but not in regards if you try to do doughnuts. 😄

• Haha
Reactions: gSwift

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah its the first but i'm pretty particular when it comes to caring for my toys. I don't have a huge desire to do doughnuts and not sure if I have the balls to climb and crazy looking hills or mountainsides lol. And maybe my saving grace is that i'm not a drinker so I hope that keeps me from from overriding common sense and I keep it on all 4's🤣

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Yeah its the first but i'm pretty particular when it comes to caring for my toys. I don't have a huge desire to do doughnuts and not sure if I have the balls to climb and crazy looking hills or mountainsides lol. And maybe my saving grace is that i'm not a drinker so I hope that keeps me from from overriding common sense and I keep it on all 4's🤣
The people I trail with like to rock climb, and enjoy plenty of drinks. I have found out trailing with them that after lots of drinks those boulders look a lot easier to climb. You just need to build your ride a lot stronger to hold up. lol 😄 We travel very low speeds, but very tough trails when we can find them.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I never got anything from CanAm, only the dealer with the buyers order and the copy of the receipt for the down payment. Have you reached out to your salesman?
Yes i have, supposedly my january due date is on hold. Im just worried i wont ever get the machine. All this talk of selling peoples pre orders for higher price and a closer spot in line worries me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes i have, supposedly my january due date is on hold. Im just worried i wont ever get the machine. All this talk of selling peoples pre orders for higher price and a closer spot in line worries me.
I'm new to the forum so I haven't heard of that potential issue yet. If thats the case then thats pretty sh*tty on the dealers part but it also wouldn't surprise me in todays messed up economy.

I just bought a 2021 F350 back in June, but i've heard of dealers doing the same thing on new Superduty's. I've heard of some dealers getting $5000-$15,000 over MSRP on sold orders because Ford has stopped taking orders unless they are sold orders, no more dealer inventory orders for a while.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I just bought a 2021 F350 back in June, but i've heard of dealers doing the same thing on new Superduty's. I've heard of some dealers getting $5000-$15,000 over MSRP on sold orders because Ford has stopped taking ordered unless they are sold ordered, no more dealer inventory orders for a while.
That’s their new business model, they don’t want inventory sitting on dealers lots that they have to incentive to sell. Just make the customer order and then get full price. All the manufacturers will/are looking to move in that direction.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
That’s their new business model, they don’t want inventory sitting on dealers lots that they have to incentive to sell. Just make the customer order and then get full price. All the manufacturers will/are looking to move in that direction.
Thats total bullshit. We as a population need to quit buying for a good while till they change their minds.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thats total bullshit. We as a population need to quit buying for a good while till they change their minds.
This all sounds great, but then the lots will go back to being full of vehicles that have twice the crap you don't want (feature wise) but still lack the things you want. At least for most of us.. I know some of you guys are Limited edition or GTFO. LOL

In 20 I found myself in need of a new Daily and because of the features I required, I ended up with a 62K sticker and paid 54. The truck has 10k of crap I don't care about and missing 10k of crap I'd like to have had. If I had the time, I could have custom ordered and even paying MSRP been around 50k with (mostly) only the stuff I wanted. So which is really the better option?

·
Registered
233 Posts
That will never happen. People will still buy. What people can start doing is stop buying from a dealer that puts a second sticker on the vehicle.
It's a 70-30 spilt. 30% of people know what they want and will hunt around to find it and the 70% will buy on impulse if the vehicle is sitting in front of them. Most of the dealers I work for don't put second sticker on the vehicle. The ones that do are shitty to do work for so I stay away for them. Dealers don't make much money on selling new cars. The money is made on the trade in of vehicle and finance of the deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i spoke with my dealer today in NC. Mine was ordered in aug, and was told would be here first part of dec. today She told me that it says the shipping date is dec, 6th and delivery date is march. She had never seen that before and is going to try to find out more info but was unsure what that meant. mine is a x3 xrs rr with ss. it better be by end of year. dangit!!!

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
i spoke with my dealer today in NC. Mine was ordered in aug, and was told would be here first part of dec. today She told me that it says the shipping date is dec, 6th and delivery date is march. She had never seen that before and is going to try to find out more info but was unsure what that meant. mine is a x3 xrs rr with ss. it better be by end of year. dangit!!!
When I got mine it was ready to ship and took a week for a truck to pick it up then 2 days later it was at the dealership. Maybe that means it will be built by the 6th and will be sitting there waiting for a truck to haul it until March Or its a simple mess up on the dates that got put into the computer on delivery date. I would tell them not to ship it by boat so you can get it faster. 😄

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Car lots and showrooms aren't going away. They'll be back when world catches up and supply and demand once again find their equilibrium.
When normality returns, and it will, the impulse buyers and the touchy feelies of the world will need inventory if the manufacturers want their money... and they will have it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm looking for 64" X3 Max and just got this email reply from a dealer. $5K markup over MSRP

"I don't have any X3 in stock at this time, but I do have a 2022 Maverick X3 MAX X DS Turbo RR- Triple Black that is scheduled to ship from the factory on Monday the 22nd. It should be here by the 30th. The price is $29,899
If you want it, we can get a $500 deposit and hold it for you.
Let me know if you're interested."

That's just crazy, I'm not going to pay that, I'll just wait till next year

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
I'm looking for 64" X3 Max and just got this email reply from a dealer. $5K markup over MSRP

"I don't have any X3 in stock at this time, but I do have a
2022 Maverick X3 MAX X DS Turbo RR- Triple Black that is scheduled to ship from the factory on Monday the 22nd. It should be here by the 30th. The price is $29,899
MSRP on the Triple Black X3 MAX X DS Turbo RR is $28,599.00
@ $29,899 the dealer is over MSRP by $1,300, not 5K.

Some / Many dealers charge freight and assembly on top of MSRP.

·
Registered
173 Posts
MSRP on the Triple Black X3 MAX X DS Turbo RR is $28,599.00
@ $29,899 the dealer is over MSRP by $1,300, not 5K.

Some / Many dealers charge freight and assembly on top of MSRP.
Freight of 950 and 350 surcharge from the factory thats your 1300 over MSRP on a XDS max RR.

Now if you got a price on a non X machine, then yeah he's 5k over MSRP on a DS max RR. But hopefully that includes freight and the surcharge.

Worst price I got when shopping was on a 21 XRS max SS that had a 5000 ADM added before freight and set up. After TT&L it was 42K OTD

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Worst price I got when shopping was on a 21 XRS max SS that had a 5000 ADM added before freight and set up. After TT&L it was 42K OTD
That would be a tough pill to swallow.
I'm ordering through a small potatoes dealer, but outside of TT&T, they're not stacking anything on top of MSRP.
Set up is included, and if they get charged freight, they're not passing it on to me.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts