Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
641 - 660 of 670 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
2022 can am x3 x xrs turbo rr picked up today 120 mile round trip. Got home drove 1/2 throttle for 1 mile oil leaking out the bottom of the unit. Drove back down to dealership 60 mile one way. They tried to tell me it was residual oil from factory cleaned off skid plate. Now im like wtf so i ripped around the parking lot. Yep oil still leaking out. Long story short 240 miles later still no unit and now paying on something i dont even have. Anyways heres a pic

·
Registered
670 Posts
2022 can am x3 x xrs turbo rr picked up today 120 mile round trip. Got home drove 1/2 throttle for 1 mile oil leaking out the bottom of the unit. Drove back down to dealership 60 mile one way. They tried to tell me it was residual oil from factory cleaned off skid plate. Now im like wtf so i ripped around the parking lot. Yep oil still leaking out. Long story short 240 miles later still no unit and now paying on something i dont even have. Anyways heres a pic
That sucks, where was it leaking from? Could you tell specifically?

·
Registered
565 Posts
I would have found out myself what was leaking before letting it sit a stupid sht dealer for weeks.

They could have spilled oil on your skid plate during the PDI and nothing is even wrong...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Your's leaks oil, mine burns it. Anyone else have an issue with new x3's smoking on deceal? Heat cycled it twice and took it down the road and noticed it blowing smoke when I stopped. Don't really want to make 800 miles worth of hauling a trialer so I'll probably start tearing into it. Just my luck.

https://youtube.com/shorts/YR75NJevVaU?feature=share

·
Registered
439 Posts
If it has less than an hour on it I would ride it for a couple hours and keep a close eye on the dipstick, and then see if it still does it. Also you might want to adjust your suspension, it looks like you have very little ground clearance with the radius being basically flat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If it has less than an hour on it I would ride it for a couple hours and keep a close eye on the dipstick, and then see if it still does it. Also you might want to adjust your suspension, it looks like you have very little ground clearance with the radius being basically flat.
It is under an hour, but I thought it was on fire when we stopped because there was so much smoke. It is about a quarter inch over the full line when up to temp and checked after 20 seconds, are they that sensitive to being over full? Intake side of the turbo is dry as is the filter. Rings, valve guide seals, or turbo seals would be guess. Hopefully it's the rings, but there is a ton of smoke after driving it a bit and stopping.

They didn't set the ride height, they wanted it another day to set when I pointed it out but I wasn't making another 400 mile round trip for them to do it.. I'm going to put some miles on settle the springs some then set it.

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
1,083 Posts
Your's leaks oil, mine burns it. Anyone else have an issue with new x3's smoking on deceal? Heat cycled it twice and took it down the road and noticed it blowing smoke when I stopped. Don't really want to make 800 miles worth of hauling a trialer so I'll probably start tearing into it. Just my luck.

Totally normal, it's the lubricant used on the metal exhaust parts while manufacturing. ALL units do this. Mine stunk like hell for an hour or two and smoked a bit.

·
Registered
439 Posts
It is under an hour, but I thought it was on fire when we stopped because there was so much smoke. It is about a quarter inch over the full line when up to temp and checked after 20 seconds, are they that sensitive to being over full? Intake side of the turbo is dry as is the filter. Rings, valve guide seals, or turbo seals would be guess. Hopefully it's the rings, but there is a ton of smoke after driving it a bit and stopping.

They didn't set the ride height, they wanted it another day to set when I pointed it out but I wasn't making another 400 mile round trip for them to do it.. I'm going to put some miles on settle the springs some then set it.
I would still drive it for a couple hours and re check the smoking. Shouldn't be sensitive to a bit over full.

As for the suspension, I did the same thing and I smashed my transmission housing on a rock. Would really recommend raising preload before riding it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Totally normal, it's the lubricant used on the metal exhaust parts while manufacturing. ALL units do this. Mine stunk like hell for an hour or two and smoked a bit.
This looked like I did a burnout. I was hoping the camera on front of my garage caught it but it didn't.

Also getting a pps fault and going into limp mode when I go over half throttle. Do these electric pedals have a dead man adjustment like other twist throttles do?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would still drive it for a couple hours and re check the smoking. Shouldn't be sensitive to a bit over full.

As for the suspension, I did the same thing and I smashed my transmission housing on a rock. Would really recommend raising preload before riding it.
I measured it at the rear it's sitting at 13" and the fronts at 15". Fronts have about a thread of preload and the rears 3 1\4". I'll probably put some miles on it on dirt roads to shake the bugs out before we hit any trails.

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
1,083 Posts
This looked like I did a burnout. I was hoping the camera on front of my garage caught it but it didn't.

Also getting a pps fault and going into limp mode when I go over half throttle. Do these electric pedals have a dead man adjustment like other twist throttles do?
Be sure your battery is fully charged. Low voltage causes a lot of faults that really aren't a fault. It will still start but can still be real low volt state. PPS has no physical adjustments, only through ECM adjustments.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Be sure your battery is fully charged. Low voltage causes a lot of faults that really aren't a fault. It will still start but can still be real low volt state. PPS has no physical adjustments, only through ECM adjustments.
Yeah it's setting leveled at 12.68v, running is seeing 14.6 as it should. The battery terminals are tight, now. Both were loose when I checked it because I've heard of it being common. That was done before I discovered this issue though. I'm going to unplug the pedal and make sure the pins are good and that there is no physical damage.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Did you pick up unit on Friday?? I got called on the 9th and said they were putting parts on that week, was hoping for Saturday pick up but they haven’t called to say it was ready yet.
Yes picked it up Friday morning, got it home that afternoon, and have removed the warning stickers and the intrusion bars in the front window, also adjusted the tire pressure to 12lbs and have done nothing else. Have not driven it other than onto and off the trailer. getting ready to look up all the torque specs and check bolts before tearing it apart to put all the accessories on.
Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

641 - 660 of 670 Posts