Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 18 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
According to the dealer I ordered mine from, the Can-Am representative visited them on Friday and informed them that NO RR models will be available for ordering until January at the earliest, possibly February due to the unavailability of ECU’s. This is in no way related to the ECU shortage for the Smart-Shock models. The guys I deal with say they expect not to be able to order until February, which will push deliveries into May or June at the earliest. Looks like everyone is suffering. He even commented that the new Polaris won’t be available until late spring or early summer.

I have no idea what they are doing with them, but BRP is at least 'accepting' pre-sold RR orders, as of yesterday.
Font Parallel Screenshot Number Circle

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Is pre sold any different than pre ordered? Bc you cant even pre order right now lol.
I don't know.
I guess the question would be, did the folks that did pre-orders get the confirmation certificate and authorization number from BRP at the time of their order(s)? (posted above)

I placed my original order a month ago. It fell on rocky ground and didn't take root, apparently.
This is my second go, I'm told the program is recently implemented.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Thats total bullshit. We as a population need to quit buying for a good while till they change their minds.
Car lots and showrooms aren't going away. They'll be back when world catches up and supply and demand once again find their equilibrium.
When normality returns, and it will, the impulse buyers and the touchy feelies of the world will need inventory if the manufacturers want their money... and they will have it.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
I'm looking for 64" X3 Max and just got this email reply from a dealer. $5K markup over MSRP

"I don't have any X3 in stock at this time, but I do have a
2022 Maverick X3 MAX X DS Turbo RR- Triple Black that is scheduled to ship from the factory on Monday the 22nd. It should be here by the 30th. The price is $29,899
MSRP on the Triple Black X3 MAX X DS Turbo RR is $28,599.00
@ $29,899 the dealer is over MSRP by $1,300, not 5K.

Some / Many dealers charge freight and assembly on top of MSRP.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Worst price I got when shopping was on a 21 XRS max SS that had a 5000 ADM added before freight and set up. After TT&L it was 42K OTD
That would be a tough pill to swallow.
I'm ordering through a small potatoes dealer, but outside of TT&T, they're not stacking anything on top of MSRP.
Set up is included, and if they get charged freight, they're not passing it on to me.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Yeah but, $5K? I might be crazy, but I'm not insane, LOL!

As long as you're happy, though.
It wasn't easy to justify, given the fact the only upgrade in the X that I really wanted was the larger dash display, a $450 dollar plug and play OEM swap..
Having never ridden in either, I may never know what the X shock upgrade might have been worth to me, monetarily.
Sure didn't need beadlocks and 32's, but it was it is..

·
Premium Member
51 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
You will love the RC2 IBP shocks over the regular RC2's in the non X.
My back isn't jacked up, but it isn't getting better with age, either.
If those IBP shocks can absorb some of the shit that would have otherwise been transferred to it, then all things considered, the 5K may turn out to have been money well spent.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
BRP has not cancelled any orders at this point. Food for thought.
Don't know if I was one in a million, or one of many, but BRP accepted, gave an authorization number for, and then cancelled my X3 order a week later.

I switched over to another customers cancellation unit, but as luck would have it, it arrived sans the ECU.
Having that machine sitting outside strapped down in the crate for three or four months just didn't give me the warm and cozies.

I gave it three goes on three different machines, between two different dealers with no luck.
Watching from the sidelines now, be it for better or worse.

As before, best of luck to those staying the course.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Anyone notice BRP just had a price increases of 1k on MSRP for 22 models and 50 for the commodity charge.
Hmm..
Looks like my line in the sand was an expensive one.
$1,150 with tax.. :unsure:

I'm going to predict a lot of cancellations by folks that have lost interest or patience, and plenty of incomplete units available for deposit at the new price point over the next few months.

It's going to be an interesting spring, especially if BRP misses their date goals of getting these machines pieced together by a month or two, or three..

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
News flash: Every current mass marketed off road vehicle is built to the lowest possible standards possible. They're all junk.
This comment somehow reminds me of the guy that came and hooked up my HughesNet system.
At some point during the install and with some quasi form of company pride, he informed me "they were the best of the worst" 🤣

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
The new tactic of adding 10k to the price via misc. dealer accessories seems to be a new norm from any I’m seeing advertised as in stock.
Yep.
This one makes for the second optioned out example that has been sitting for weeks within driving distance of me.

1 - 18 of 19 Posts