Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
I got told Saturday my Aug ordered x3 was pushed till January now. They did have a build date now, so I guess thats a plus. I think I'm going to put a deposit down on a new Pro XP4 R or maybe the new S today as a back up.

·
Registered
218 Posts
When he checked in the system to see any updates is when he saw a 1/22 build date for it. I had my order accepted and verified in September. What color did you order? I have a feeling that has something to do with it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Since I'm not paying much attention to the 22s, how come some have already gotten theirs? There have been RRs and Max's already received, haven't there?
Production on 22 has started, that is what has been delivered. I was the first on the list for my X3 max at my dealer. Can Am has only shipped 1-22 X3 max SS to them and it was in a different color than what I ordered, so the person who ordered that color got lucky.

I think they are running production on what ever colors and options they have in stock right now, not in the order the orders came in. All do to supply chain issues. My brother ordered a 22 commander XTP max when I ordered my X3. His machine does not even have a build date yet as they are back ordered on the paint for the unit, " I believe the orange" with not ETA on it.

This is the first I've heard of the ECU for RR motors, but not surprised anymore. I also heard Can Am stopped orders on X3 this month already, pushing orders to Q1/22.

·
Registered
218 Posts
MSRP on the Triple Black X3 MAX X DS Turbo RR is $28,599.00
@ $29,899 the dealer is over MSRP by $1,300, not 5K.

Some / Many dealers charge freight and assembly on top of MSRP.
Freight of 950 and 350 surcharge from the factory thats your 1300 over MSRP on a XDS max RR.

Now if you got a price on a non X machine, then yeah he's 5k over MSRP on a DS max RR. But hopefully that includes freight and the surcharge.

Worst price I got when shopping was on a 21 XRS max SS that had a 5000 ADM added before freight and set up. After TT&L it was 42K OTD

·
Registered
218 Posts
It wasn't easy to justify, given the fact the only upgrade in the X that I really wanted was the larger dash display, a $450 dollar plug and play OEM swap..
Having never ridden in either, I may never know what the X shock upgrade might have been worth to me, monetarily.
Sure didn't need beadlocks and 32's, but it was it is..
You will love the RC2 IBP shocks over the regular RC2's in the non X.

89731<<<Click,
Looks like more dealers are getting finished units missing electronics, as I'm sure they are running out of storage space at the factory.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I can still get 2/4 seat Turbo R allocations, all the Pro R's around me are gone.

Looks like the X3 still has a better riding suspension vs the Pro R after hearing some that have compared the two. Seems Polaris has a stiffer ride than what most expected with the travel numbers they have. One thing to note is the X3 still has a longer shock stroke and I'm sure that has something to do with the softer ride the X3 has vs the Pro R.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I was surprised by how stiff the Talon was even in soft. Had a buddy get one and took me for a ride. Cool idea with a DCT, but I feel Honda missed the mark with a sport SXS. Even ST is like, there's not much that can improve the ride of a Talon. So you know its bad lol.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I just saw a dealer post about the electronic delays. Looks like it will be 90-120 days to get the missing electronics after the unit arrives at the dealer now according to Can Am. Hopefully this becomes a shorter wait as they get more chips, but I feel it will be the norm for awhile now.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Concord Can Am and Polaris on IG, give them a fallow if you have IG. They say they got another 7 units in, but missing the electronics and Can Am said 90-120 days. I think thats over 40 units this month so far without electronics for them.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I talked to my dealer yesterday and they said they are not accept anymore orders till spring/summer 22 with deliveries of fall/winter 22 on Can Am's. This year looks to be worse than last year for orders and deliveries. I'm not cancelling my order, but looks like used might be the way to go if you want to ride this year.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Anyone notice BRP just had a price increases of 1k on MSRP for 22 models and 50 for the commodity charge.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I wonder how much of the price increases is really about material cost increases Vs Polaris's new Turbo R is 3900 more than a comparable equipped X3.

Also I did see Del Amo has new 22-X3'S for sale with pics of them missing gauge clusters and keys. Dealers are advertising incomplete units now!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I was told by the local polaris dealer that Polaris has a price increase coming in late March and that any order not delivered by then will be subject to the price change, no matter when you ordered it.
Feel bad for people who are not getting their units till summer of 22 and having to pay the increase, even if they ordered as soon as they came out. That sucks!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I see some Pro R's are starting to be delivered to dealers today and are complete running units. Wonder how long till Polaris runs out of ECU's and is in the same boat as Can Am.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Are you sure about that? I've "heard" that the Pro Rs being delivered are basically "eye candy" for the dealers, and not for sale. Supposedly to draw the buying public in. I could be wrong though?
Not sure if all of them are 100% as I've seen like 4-5 post of them being delivered today. But the video I saw, one was started and drove off the truck and into the dealer's lot. They look like they are shipped complete with the cage already on.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just got notified today by my dealer that my January delivery got delayed again. Showing a February delivery now, but in all honesty it will probably be a March delivery based on what is going on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts