Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get there order pushed back again? Ordered 1st week of august. Was due 1st/2nd week of January. Dealer said today all x3 orders are pushed back again but cant verify actual date. Has anyone checked on their order recently?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anyone else get there order pushed back again? Ordered 1st week of august. Was due 1st/2nd week of January. Dealer said today all x3 orders are pushed back again but cant verify actual date. Has anyone checked on their order recently?
In Tucson AZ. Deposit paid end of August, was (Max XRS turbo RR) supposed to be here November. Dealer now pushed back as well with no new date.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got told Saturday my Aug ordered x3 was pushed till January now. They did have a build date now, so I guess thats a plus. I think I'm going to put a deposit down on a new Pro XP4 R or maybe the new S today as a back up.
Question for you. How does the dealer know when your machine has a build date? My dealer said my order has been “verified” but nothing else. I guess getting a build date would be next step?

·
Registered
169 Posts
When he checked in the system to see any updates is when he saw a 1/22 build date for it. I had my order accepted and verified in September. What color did you order? I have a feeling that has something to do with it.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Here is some information hot off the presses, so to speak. Since I’m also waiting for my 2022 like everyone else. According to the dealer I ordered mine from, the Can-Am representative visited them on Friday and informed them that NO RR models will be available for ordering until January at the earliest, possibly February due to the unavailability of ECU’s. This is in no way related to the ECU shortage for the Smart-Shock models. The guys I deal with say they expect not to be able to order until February, which will push deliveries into May or June at the earliest. Looks like everyone is suffering. He even commented that the new Polaris won’t be available until late spring or early summer.

Take my information for what it’s worth. Personally I trust my guy since he really has no reason to lie to me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Since I'm not paying much attention to the 22s, how come some have already gotten theirs? There have been RRs and Max's already received, haven't there?
Production on 22 has started, that is what has been delivered. I was the first on the list for my X3 max at my dealer. Can Am has only shipped 1-22 X3 max SS to them and it was in a different color than what I ordered, so the person who ordered that color got lucky.

I think they are running production on what ever colors and options they have in stock right now, not in the order the orders came in. All do to supply chain issues. My brother ordered a 22 commander XTP max when I ordered my X3. His machine does not even have a build date yet as they are back ordered on the paint for the unit, " I believe the orange" with not ETA on it.

This is the first I've heard of the ECU for RR motors, but not surprised anymore. I also heard Can Am stopped orders on X3 this month already, pushing orders to Q1/22.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Font Parallel Screenshot Document Number
I'm not a Polaris guy but this is what my guy had sent me. I have seen a couple of guys with Max turbo RR's on YouTube, And have seen (in pictures) 2 already spoken for at ride now in Scottsdale. The fact that they don't have an exact date scares me, especially when craigslist is filled with units for sale. I am no expert whatsoever but the claimed 30 percent stronger frame is what makes the wait worth it. Christmas is less than 2 months away so we will see what the truth looks like. If anyone is a big spender there is one '22 max rs turbo rr on Craigslist for 42k bone stock. 1 mile on it.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts