Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like most "stage 1" turbo kits double the stock HP... I wonder if the same will be true for the Maverick???

the specs I saw said that the engine has 12:1 compression ratio... way too high for a pump gas turbo system I would think.

It will be interesting to see what the turbo kit builders come up with for options.

:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
someone posted that the stock engine has closed loop fuel system, knock sensors, and two O2 sensors.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I read it has a cat converter too............smog legal SXS? WTH? Maybe you can get another 10+HP by changing the exhaust..

·
Registered
168 Posts
Haha I love the sand drags. Last trip a bunch of us were blasting down the strip on quads and I thought my 700XX was pretty quick, just then one of those turbo RZR XPs blew by me like I was standing still. He had to be pushing 90+. Impresive for sure

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
What's the max hp a prostar 900 can handle ? Right now Mrrpms turbo
rotax with stock crank and block with aftermarket rods and pistons is pushing 400 hp.

·
Registered
67 Posts
What's the max hp a prostar 900 can handle ? Right now Mrrpms turbo
rotax with stock crank and block with aftermarket rods and pistons is pushing 400 hp.
Yeah while very much impressive, thats a drag racing setup and I dont think it has ever been run longer than a dyno pull, or drag strip pass. Ask Greg about cooling and he'll say, "hell, I aint ever run it long enough to get it hot" lol

You can run forced induction on a 12:1 engine all day with the right fuel or water/meth injection and cooling system. If the system is a closed loop with knock sensors, that will be the biggest hurdle in making power. I run a 13:1 975cc Rotax and with anything less than 100 octane, it knocks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
mid 70's. We have to run them inverted, so we lose a couple extra to the driveline because the power is going through the tranny and back through the through shaft.....

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
my slow commander

This is with a small ebay turbo with only me tuning with a pim2 Had only 500 miles and the oil seal in the turbo let go Im putting a oem td04 turbo on now set at 7 psi should run alot better

1 - 15 of 15 Posts