2021 Sport Max
1,676 Posts
oh i agree completely.

Reactions: Tmesic

·
Registered
TBD -2022
2 Posts

getting closer to finding out something, the screens are nice but have costs and as I’m a electronics buyer for my company I can tell you the component shortages are real and constant for at least another year so don’t expect availability of complete units to change in 2023! It will most likely be the same till 2024, more electronics will mean more shortages for their supply chains to deal with and try to resolve or wait for.

Also costs will increase as there isn’t a choice, I have personally cut purchase orders for one reel of IC chips for a board we use in our products that was over $500,000.00 for what should have been a $2500.00 reel of parts pre-COVID. Strap in boys it’s gonna be a rough end of 2022 and first 3 quarters of 2023 for electronics and pricing around them.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
My glass just went from half full to half empty.

·
Premium Member
6,165 Posts

getting closer to finding out something, the screens are nice but have costs and as I’m a electronics buyer for my company I can tell you the component shortages are real and constant for at least another year so don’t expect availability of complete units to change in 2023! It will most likely be the same till 2024, more electronics will mean more shortages for their supply chains to deal with and try to resolve or wait for.

Also costs will increase as there isn’t a choice, I have personally cut purchase orders for one reel of IC chips for a board we use in our products that was over $500,000.00 for what should have been a $2500.00 reel of parts pre-COVID. Strap in boys it’s gonna be a rough end of 2022 and first 3 quarters of 2023 for electronics and pricing around them.
Yup, I have a friend in the wafer mfg business and his words were almost exactly the same. They have so many orders that will take over a year and a half or more to fill...... 😞

·
Registered
2021 Sport Max
1,676 Posts
Yup, I have a friend in the wafer mfg business and his words were almost exactly the same. They have so many orders that will take over a year and a half or more to fill...... 😞
good thing i'm not in the market for another ride for about 4-5 more years lol

·
Premium Member
16,087 Posts
good thing i'm not in the market for another ride for about 4-5 more years lol
Yeah. I'm not surprised. Saw this video last night. I'm not sure why people think that supply chain issues are going away. They might ease up a little, but my guess is '25 before some sense of normalcy returns.

Kind of glad I'm not in the market either.

·
Registered
2021 Sport Max
1,676 Posts
yeah, everything's inventory is screwed up. i'm currently in the lawn specialty business and we are still having issues getting residential riding tractors in stock. when they get here 95% that are already sold, if they are not sold already, they are sold in under a week.

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
Yeah. I'm not surprised. Saw this video last night. I'm not sure why people think that supply chain issues are going away. They might ease up a little, but my guess is '25 before some sense of normalcy returns.

Kind of glad I'm not in the market either.
Okay I have to call you out!

You're not " in the market" we all know if something was a game changer you'd have it on your garage asap! 😉

So bottom line you're in the market all the time...:ROFLMAO:

If Speed delivers or Can Am has a new game changer, my plan is to let you be the guineas pig. :cool:

Tim

·
Premium Member
16,087 Posts
Okay I have to call you out!

You're not " in the market" we all know if something was a game changer you'd have it on your garage asap! 😉

So bottom line you're in the market all the time...:ROFLMAO:

If Speed delivers or Can Am has a new game changer, my plan is to let you be the guineas pig. :cool:

Tim
Well..............

·
Premium Member
16,087 Posts
lol.. Game point to Tim!
Tim knows me well enough, LOL! Yeah, I'll admit it without a doubt. If it's a game changer, or new model that piques my interest, all my chips are getting pushed in.

I wish I had a crystal ball to tell me when the Speed car actually is available, or what BRP does to go head to head with the Pro R. Those are the only 2 that stir my interest.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Let's post predictions;

What I want: (being mostly realistic)

• RideCommand esque display + colour dash. No more dumb 1990s orange display.
  • Steering wheel controls
  • Upgraded chassis + roll cage
  • 230hp
- Remaining 72" wide (Very important to ME)
  • 2 models, an XRS RR that is similar to what we have now, just with the upgraded chassis + roll cage, and optional upgraded tech. Second model is 230hp, more suspension travel, etc. Still 72" wide but kind of an XRS on steriods.
  • 2nd gen SmartShox that allows the driver to override the whole "one error code and machine goes full stiff hell mode" like it currently does.

What I expect:

• New colours!!! Yahooo!!!!! (sarcasm...)
  • Minor chassis/roll cage improvements, still needing gusset kits and STB.
  • 210hp
  • Upgraded colour dash display, bigger than the current 7" display, but still no ride command esque touch screen in the center.
  • Unchanged suspension etc.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Seems Fox is working on new wireless suspension system. Hopefully sooner than later wireless systems make it to SxS in the next year or 2. Definitely pros and cons this way.

41 - 60 of 113 Posts