Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sport Max
1,676 Posts
they (polaris) had a safety notice posted in early july about front end components getting installed incorrectly and zapping people's steering when it failed.

·
Premium Member
16,087 Posts
All the front ball joints have a design flaw, all over youtube causing crashes. Reports say Polaris may be putting out a safety recall on that.
Faulty battery wiring recall
4WD rarely works on some units exact same problem from the Pro XP.

I mean SXSblog blew a motor on a brand new Pro R doing a cyclone. Pretty clearly they have some bottom-end oiling design flaws in that motor.

My dealer just got one on trade-in with 300 miles on it Polaris couldn't get the 4wd to activate consistently and the guy purchased a used X3 XRS RR instead
I wouldn't call 3 an insane amount, and the SXSblog guys destroy stuff just to get more viewers.

All SXSs have issues.Up to the individual owners to fix them, unfortunately.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wouldn't call 3 an insane amount, and the SXSblog guys destroy stuff just to get more viewers.

All SXSs have issues.Up to the individual owners to fix them, unfortunately.
Still not normal at all.

Just give it some time for the die hard Polaris fan boys to speak up about these issues. I grew up with many Polaris machines and would never touch one again.

·
Premium Member
16,087 Posts
Still not normal at all.

Just give it some time for the die hard Polaris fan boys to speak up about these issues. I grew up with many Polaris machines and would never touch one again.
Oh, I understand what you're saying, but the same arguments can be made for any manufacturer. I bet on the PoPo forum they're all saying they wouldn't buy an X3 because you need to get a shock brace, gusset kit, lower a arms. Like I said, they all have issues. PoPo has more due to the sheer volume of units they produce, and are out there. I'm no PoPo fan either. Wouldn't own one.

Reactions: JediIke and Doggy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh, I understand what you're saying, but the same arguments can be made for any manufacturer. I bet on the PoPo forum they're all saying they wouldn't buy an X3 because you need to get a shock brace, gusset kit, lower a arms. Like I said, they all have issues. PoPo has more due to the sheer volume of units they produce, and are out there. I'm no PoPo fan either. Wouldn't own one.
For sure 100%

Ovcourse I had no problem looking past the X3 issues because the platform is so badass! Im sure the Pro R guys are doing the same thing, it is a super badass platform..... in theory! :)

·
Registered
595 Posts
X3s need work, as does all side by side's used like trophy trucks, but I don't recall catastrophic failures causing major crashes being part of the X3 launch...

And I was very much a loyal Polaris guy, until I had 2 brand new units, one Rzr turbo, and a Ranger 1000's. Both spent more time in the shop than out, and both left me stranded numerous times each, both under 2500 miles when sold. Junk.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yes, Club BRP as it is known is in August. They will release all models of their entire product line except snowmobile at the event. I will be there.

·
Registered
TBD -2022
2 Posts
Didn’t see anything about 23’ models in search… historically I remember typically releasing stuff end of June or early July for a Fall ship date..

anyone heard anything so far? I understand these aren’t typical times but just curious what the word on the street was.
New as I'm in process of waiting to see also what 2023 offers over 2022 before I buy, the dealer I talked to said there is some Can-Am dealer review/ release August 6 to call her back on August 8th for details on 2023, so hopefully another 2 weeks and something should be released.

I just want to know if anything change in way of more front end upgrades, or dash upgrade or 230hp LOL from the 3cyl. New Toyota Corolla MR 300hp from 3 cyl turbo (AWD) just saying.

But hope to know if I need to put the deposit on a 2022 that may net results in Sept. or wait till Jan. for 2023, if only color changes and nothing major in dash, engine, or chassis, I will go with the 2022 XRS Turbo RR w/ SS.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
New as I'm in process of waiting to see also what 2023 offers over 2022 before I buy, the dealer I talked to said there is some Can-Am dealer review/ release August 6 to call her back on August 8th for details on 2023, so hopefully another 2 weeks and something should be released.

I just want to know if anything change in way of more front end upgrades, or dash upgrade or 230hp LOL from the 3cyl. New Toyota Corolla MR 300hp from 3 cyl turbo (AWD) just saying.

But hope to know if I need to put the deposit on a 2022 that may net results in Sept. or wait till Jan. for 2023, if only color changes and nothing major in dash, engine, or chassis, I will go with the 2022 XRS Turbo RR w/ SS.
seems to be more consistent messaging from multiple members, still makes me wonder if it truly is happening in 2 weeks is it not worthy of dropping any teasers or dates?

·
Registered
244 Posts
seems to be more consistent messaging from multiple members, still makes me wonder if it truly is happening in 2 weeks is it not worthy of dropping any teasers or dates?
I

If it's not happening next weekend, then I wasted money on a plane ticket!!!! Haha!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Didn’t see anything about 23’ models in search… historically I remember typically releasing stuff end of June or early July for a Fall ship date..

anyone heard anything so far? I understand these aren’t typical times but just curious what the word on the street was.
Went to dealer to order a ds rr they said they can no longer take orders. Said the 2023 are going to be announced August 7 and start taking orders on the 9th.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My guess is that my 2022 order is about to become a 2023 with all of the included price increases.
Hopefully it works that way with CanAm. I have a 2022 F-450 on order and i'm being told that if it doesn't get built then I have to start the order process over from the beginning for a 2023 and start the wait all over. I know CanAm isn't Ford but they are probably dealing with many of the same constraints and supply chain problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hopefully it works that way with CanAm. I have a 2022 F-450 on order and i'm being told that if it doesn't get built then I have to start the order process over from the beginning for a 2023 and start the wait all over. I know CanAm isn't Ford but they are probably dealing with many of the same constraints and supply chain problems.
Hopefully Can Am gives the outstanding orders first chance at ordering a 2023.

The Ford Dealers(and others) are trying to buy vehicles back from Customers that bought during the last few years with nothing new to sell, think will keep my F350 for a few more years.

Strange days!

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
Ya those are nice, but I meant some electronic upgrades, steering wheel controls, touchscreen etc.
That went right over his head! Lol

The GPS with ride command is pretty nice on the Polaris.

Can Am is behind on the drivers data and amenities.

Tim

·
Registered
2021 Sport Max
1,676 Posts
That went right over his head! Lol

The GPS with ride command is pretty nice on the Polaris.

Can Am is behind on the drivers data and amenities.

Tim
that is pretty much the main thing i think can-am is missing at this time. Yamaha AND polaris both have LARGE nav screens in the dash now with GPS. Can-am needs to take that next step. that hand held unit obviously doesn't do squat since everyone elects for other GPS'

Reactions: McCarthy

·
Registered
893 Posts
that is pretty much the main thing i think can-am is missing at this time. Yamaha AND polaris both have LARGE nav screens in the dash now with GPS. Can-am needs to take that next step. that hand held unit obviously doesn't do squat since everyone elects for other GPS'
If they do I hope it's retrofittable into older models, I know that isn't exactly incentive to buy a new machine but it would be nice.

21 - 40 of 113 Posts