Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn’t see anything about 23’ models in search… historically I remember typically releasing stuff end of June or early July for a Fall ship date..

anyone heard anything so far? I understand these aren’t typical times but just curious what the word on the street was.

·
Premium Member
16,099 Posts
Didn’t see anything about 23’ models in search… historically I remember typically releasing stuff end of June or early July for a Fall ship date..

anyone heard anything so far? I understand these aren’t typical times but just curious what the word on the street was.
Me too. I was thinking it should be any day, usually in July. Hopefully something new, to go head to head with the Pro R.

Reactions: N. Mango

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So you're saying we should see the '23 models around October of next year.
I hope not...I seen the thread about the patents a month or two ago and I would assume that could be part of a counter to the Pro R. Just thought it was interesting that Can-Am has typically been the one to push the envelope with new machines, category's whereas it seems Polaris struck first with the 4 cylinder.

Ive been a diehard fan for 15 years and owned most of the machines they produced.. Still remember the day they dropped the monster 101hp in the Maverick. I had to have it lol...Then the Turbo a few years later.. Seemed to always push the envelope and Polaris would fast track something to compete. Now we sit and wait.

·
Premium Member
16,099 Posts
I hope not...I seen the thread about the patents a month or two ago and I would assume that could be part of a counter to the Pro R. Just thought it was interesting that Can-Am has typically been the one to push the envelope with new machines, category's whereas it seems Polaris struck first with the 4 cylinder.

Ive been a diehard fan for 15 years and owned most of the machines they produced.. Still remember the day they dropped the monster 101hp in the Maverick. I had to have it lol...Then the Turbo a few years later.. Seemed to always push the envelope and Polaris would fast track something to compete. Now we sit and wait.
Well, the X3 is still a viable car / platform, although it is getting long in the tooth, so to speak. With supply chain issues, BRP might not be able to get a new model out as quick as they AND the public wants.

Or they could be waiting for the Speed car to drop, so they can steal their thunder?

Reactions: DogRunner2

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, the X3 is still a viable car / platform, although it is getting long in the tooth, so to speak. With supply chain issues, BRP might not be able to get a new model out as quick as they AND the public wants.

Or they could be waiting for the Speed car to drop, so they can steal their thunder?

Strategically/Financially speaking... Seems like Polaris was smarter.

Release something the people want, get preorders in and ship as much as possible before competition enters category.

Can-Am should do the same...drop something...anything...teaser, pics something to get people stirring. Get deposits and make people wait AGAIN for machines. I couldn't imagine at this point, they were actually doing the right thing and stock piling machines/parts for an actual release where people can get stuff in a more timely manner.

There's no way I could be as patient as some of the others. I can see waiting 2-3 months for a machine but anything after that it just pointless. might as well not have it.

I applaud some of you folks 👏

·
Premium Member
16,099 Posts
The Pro R had been in the works for awhile before it debuted. BRP sells every X3, 2 / 4 seater they make. Financially, it might not make sense to debut something new until the X3 sales slow down. Who knows?

Reactions: BLR

·
Registered
118 Posts
I head early Aug a dealer release is going to be held in Utah. All the new models will be presented. Hopefully teasers comming soon. Anyone's best guess as to new options/ machines and availability tho....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I head early Aug a dealer release is going to be held in Utah. All the new models will be presented. Hopefully teasers comming soon. Anyone's best guess as to new options/ machines and availability tho....
That isn’t too far away if true. Surely they’ll start trickling info out. Thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
2021 Sport Max
1,682 Posts
I really just want a nicer dash, some of the weaknesses further addressed, and some better colours. Lol.
amen.. the sport max has had the same black on black scheme for 3 years now.. at least with a X3 you get choices in color lol

·
Registered
15 Posts

Strategically/Financially speaking... Seems like Polaris was smarter.

Release something the people want, get preorders in and ship as much as possible before competition enters category.

Can-Am should do the same...drop something...anything...teaser, pics something to get people stirring. Get deposits and make people wait AGAIN for machines. I couldn't imagine at this point, they were actually doing the right thing and stock piling machines/parts for an actual release where people can get stuff in a more timely manner.

There's no way I could be as patient as some of the others. I can see waiting 2-3 months for a machine but anything after that it just pointless. might as well not have it.

I applaud some of you folks 👏

I agree but like mentioned above, Polaris rushes its designs to keep ahead or just keep up with Can-am. Look at the insane amount of issues people are having with the Pro R.

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
I really just want a nicer dash, some of the weaknesses further addressed, and some better colours. Lol.
If you want a nicer dash, just get the Carbon Fiber one as its the cleanest look you're ever going to get.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Insane amount of issues?
All the front ball joints have a design flaw, all over youtube causing crashes. Reports say Polaris may be putting out a safety recall on that.
Faulty battery wiring recall
4WD rarely works on some units exact same problem from the Pro XP.

I mean SXSblog blew a motor on a brand new Pro R doing a cyclone. Pretty clearly they have some bottom-end oiling design flaws in that motor.

My dealer just got one on trade-in with 300 miles on it Polaris couldn't get the 4wd to activate consistently and the guy purchased a used X3 XRS RR instead

1 - 20 of 113 Posts