Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

2023 can am X3 RS turbo RR shutting off after 30mins

987 Views 23 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  10mm_
Hello, I’ve had this machine for about 6 months has 38 hrs . Recently it’s been shutting off after 30mins (while driving or at idle) after it dies it won’t turn over just clicks and I get a U0400 code. Lights and display work fine I’ve tested and charged the battery, ground points were also checked. Checked voltage at the starter when pressing the “start button” and have zero volts . I’ve already made an appointment with the dealer but just wanted to see if anyone has had this code or this issue.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
I would check the plugs on the computer ( loss of data code) and maybe all the fuses (remove them and check contacts).
Gauges/ display stays on. Lights flicker and dies. I checked the the ecu connection removed one cleaned it and reconnected it. I didn’t removed the other one because it had a zip tie locking it. Could the ecu be overheating? it’ll start once it sits for about 20mins And the code goes away
I dont think so... I would pull all the fuses and check the fuse/blades and receptacles that the fuses make contact with.
I dont think so... I would pull all the fuses and check the fuse/blades and receptacles that the fuses make contact with.
Okay, will do. Now they only have two fuse boxes, correct? The one by the ecu and the one in the dash area
Yes that should be correct. I would pull and inspect the relays also... Let us know!
Welcome from Tucson AZ.
Yes that should be correct. I would pull and inspect the relays also... Let us know!
Will do, thanks !
Reactions: 1
Welcome from Oregon

Somewhere in the curcuit is opening and not allowing power. I'm suspecting it's heat related. This can be caused by various factors such as faulty wiring, damaged connectors, failed sensors, or malfunctioning modules.
So I checked the fuses and relays, all good. But I did find a receptacle pushed in for the ECM 10A fuse. I will try to attach a picture. I’m gonna try and feed it back tomorrow after work
Interesting 2nd one in a week... Someone at BRP is slipping...
Great work!!

One of my brake lights didn't work on our last trails trip, found a bent pin on a factory connector preventing the harness from plugging in all the way. Glad it was an easy fix but surprising they missed it.
Pretty interesting with this being the 2nd one in a week with the same terminal issue.

Must be a bad batch of fuse holder boxes...... Curious the build dates are close or this just happens to random.
yep would be curious on the VIN#'s. I think it was the same fuse as the last guy, need to find the thread... Maybe internal sabotage at BRP? or just an honest mistake? careless? Hmmmmmmmm.. Guess we will get more info in the next few months with more post...
Guarantee that is a sub assembly they just install, probably their vendor had a bad run and with the intermittent nature the QC check didn't catch it.
You think the sub installs the fuses or would that be done at BRP?
1 - 20 of 24 Posts