Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

2022 XRC RR wait is over !!! Break in procedure?

15K views 38 replies 19 participants last post by  Jude 
#1 ·
What’s up guys finally bought my RC. It gets delivered on Saturday the wait has been unreal! Here’s some photos and clips enjoy.

So what’s the best way to break this machine in and what’s the best belt to buy for a spare?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
What’s up guys finally bought my RC. It gets delivered on Saturday the wait has been unreal! Here’s some photos and clips enjoy.

So what’s the best way to break this machine in and what’s the best belt to buy for a spare?
GBoost has a new Race belt that's likely to be all the rage soon, otherwise I like the Worlds Best. There's two trains of thought to the "break in". One is the machine doesn't need one but the belt does, and the other is break the machine in like you're going to drive it, and call that belt a sacrifice piece.

#10 ·
I don’t think anybody knows much about belt life, recommended aftermarket belts or break in better than can am at this point regarding the 22’s. The pdrive will certainly behave differently than what we’ve become accustomed to over the last few years. Let us know how it feels! Can’t wait for mine to come but I’m being told December. I ordered the day the 22’s were announced…

#12 ·
Here is an interesting read concerning engine break-in...

That's how I drove my 2019 from the start. I've got over 3K miles and it runs perfect. I ran the original belt to 1500 miles and took if off to use as a spare, and installed a new OEM belt and it's still going strong and looks good. I've changed the oil & filter 4 times and I remove the outer belt cover and blow-out the dust after every long trip, This machine is 100% reliable and trouble free. Love it!

#16 ·
Just go drive it. These motors are not your 2 stroke or 4 stroke motorcycle engines. Go for a nice ride varying speeds for 5 minutes and the belt is good to go.

I just took my car out for the first time this weekend. Did a 100 mile ride in desert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#31 ·

Best way to break it in is to beat the balls off of it. Just don't maintain the same RPM for long periods, other than that SEAT THOSE RINGS MY MAN

#32 ·

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

online can am pics show the rear fenders being grey but yours are orange which I like much better. Did it come that way or did you change them out? Dealer I have a deposit on for the x RS coming in also has one 72" RC coming in unclaimed and am thinking about changing to it.

#33 ·
View attachment 273463
online can am pics show the rear fenders being grey but yours are orange which I like much better. Did it come that way or did you change them out? Dealer I have a deposit on for the x RS coming in also has one 72" RC coming in unclaimed and am thinking about changing to it.
Hey so I was under the impression that the rear fender would be chalk gray and not “red” but when I got it they were exactly like 2021 except that the letters are gray not red. Also they call the color a red not orange on the site. Because orange was 2020. As far as the dash and interior goes I believe it’s identical to last year 2021.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.