Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
What’s up guys finally bought my RC. It gets delivered on Saturday the wait has been unreal! Here’s some photos and clips enjoy.

So what’s the best way to break this machine in and what’s the best belt to buy for a spare?
GBoost has a new Race belt that's likely to be all the rage soon, otherwise I like the Worlds Best. There's two trains of thought to the "break in". One is the machine doesn't need one but the belt does, and the other is break the machine in like you're going to drive it, and call that belt a sacrifice piece.

·
Premium Member
14,350 Posts
Congrats! I've always used OEM belts. Best price is usually from Rocky Mountain ATV. Break in is up to you. I broke both mine in at Glamis!

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
2,685 Posts
The best answer is break it in like the manual says from the engineers that built and designed the engine.

Other than that you will get different answers and opinions to no end.

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
799 Posts
GBoost has a new Race belt that's likely to be all the rage soon, otherwise I like the Worlds Best. There's two trains of thought to the "break in". One is the machine doesn't need one but the belt does, and the other is break the machine in like you're going to drive it, and call that belt a sacrifice piece.
Option 3: Neither the machine or the belt require special break-in procedures and just drive it normal.

I went with option three and replaced the OEM belt at 1300 miles.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Option 3: Neither the machine or the belt require special break-in procedures and just drive it normal.

I went with option three and replaced the OEM belt at 1300 miles.
my option 2 is pretty much your 3. Results vary.

Option 3 got my dad (and everyone he let rip on it showing off his new machine) 100 miles.
Option 3 for mine ended up on the slowest easiest poker run I’ve ever seen and every ride after that pretty aggressive, my first belt went 1100 miles.
option 3 on my buddys got 700 miles if I remember right.

·
Registered
2022 Maverick X3 XRC Turbo rr 64"/ 2020 Maverick X3 XRC Turbo
12 Posts
I don’t think anybody knows much about belt life, recommended aftermarket belts or break in better than can am at this point regarding the 22’s. The pdrive will certainly behave differently than what we’ve become accustomed to over the last few years. Let us know how it feels! Can’t wait for mine to come but I’m being told December. I ordered the day the 22’s were announced…

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
So I got the worlds best belt. I wonder what the real difference is between oem and aftermarket. Is aftermarket “better” supposed to withstand more abuse? If so isn’t that not good wouldn’t you rather blow a belt then break something in the tranny or damage your clutch.

·
Registered
2019 X3 XRC
78 Posts
Here is an interesting read concerning engine break-in...

That's how I drove my 2019 from the start. I've got over 3K miles and it runs perfect. I ran the original belt to 1500 miles and took if off to use as a spare, and installed a new OEM belt and it's still going strong and looks good. I've changed the oil & filter 4 times and I remove the outer belt cover and blow-out the dust after every long trip, This machine is 100% reliable and trouble free. Love it!

·
Registered
22 X3 XRS Turbo RR
35 Posts
Congrats looks great still waiting on mine.

What’s the temp gauge for the belt look like never have seen it on the 2022 model yet.

Ian

Reactions: Tmesic

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats looks great still waiting on mine.

What’s the temp gauge for the belt look like never have seen it on the 2022 model yet.

Ian
The belt temp and engine temp show up at the same time. Here is a photo

Attachments

·
Registered
10,599 Posts
Just go drive it. These motors are not your 2 stroke or 4 stroke motorcycle engines. Go for a nice ride varying speeds for 5 minutes and the belt is good to go.

I just took my car out for the first time this weekend. Did a 100 mile ride in desert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
404 Posts
So I got the worlds best belt. I wonder what the real difference is between oem and aftermarket. Is aftermarket “better” supposed to withstand more abuse? If so isn’t that not good wouldn’t you rather blow a belt then break something in the tranny or damage your clutch.
Coming from a group of X3's who have broke more belts than we care to admit.... The OEM belts seem to be far more prone to disintegration from heat than the WBB. The WBB is my favorite and I think it holds up to heat much better, but I have just plain broke a couple which is hard on the clutches and detrimental to the belt case if you dont have a liner.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just go drive it. These motors are not your 2 stroke or 4 stroke motorcycle engines. Go for a nice ride varying speeds for 5 minutes and the belt is good to go.

I just took my car out for the first time this weekend. Did a 100 mile ride in desert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And reports on the P drive is it quieter respond better any differences you've noticed

Sent from my SM-G998W using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 37 Posts