Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Glad to hear you have the same result as I do. With the new, lighter weights the rpms should be a little higher than before. I haven't had a chance to run mine at high speed to find out for sure. I expect it to be OK though since these are the same parts that they are putting in the 23s.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Glad to hear you have the same result as I do. With the new, lighter weights the rpms should be a little higher than before. I haven't had a chance to run mine at high speed to find out for sure. I expect it to be OK though since these are the same parts that they are putting in the 23s.
So you are indeed correct, for some reason I had read these are heavier weights and would decrease RPM. Since the fix I took it around my block at sea level and before at WOT it was 7,900 now I'm nearly 8,200. I can say the response is better than before too. Most my riding is in the mountains at elevation so that's about perfect for me. But a good FYI for people that these will increase the RPM by a solid 300rpm or slightly more.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Have to take in account the ambient temp,i tested mine the other day with temp around 50's and dang rpm increased like 200 at wot. Was thinking bring down the clicker of the kwi clutch kit to position 3 from 4 but nah, i wait for spring.

·
Registered
135 Posts
yes you need to move the rear/secondary clutch for alignment
shimming primary changes the width not alignment
the secondary can be shimmed out (away from trans) for correct alignment
if the secondary clutch needs to move toward the trans then a float kit is needed
looks like gloverxrs needs a secondary float mod kit
I can see where the belt has never ran on the bearing
measure that spot on the bearing, divide it by two and that is the correct amount you need to move the secondary in...my guess is .03
Looks like I need to move my secondary in as well. Is KWI the only float kit out there? This is a 2022 XDS RR with P-Drive 1,800 miles on it.

Stairs Gas Tints and shades Composite material Wood

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
some extra.. the one sheave is always rubbing on the belt in neutral
wearing a grove faster
kwi is the only one I know at this time... I know doodoctor is working on it ...

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
drift/float does the same thing

·
Registered
2022 X3 Max X RS Turbo RR
58 Posts
Just took mine in for the hard shift/belt spinning in park problem that it has done since new and was told they have never heard of this issue and that TST 140256 didn't apply to my machine... They said it needed a new one way bearing and the linkage adjusted $240 as that's a wear item and not covered under warranty.

It was cold and wet yesterday and there's no way they had the space or the will to get it up to operating temp to try and duplicate the problem. Mileage didn't change from drop off and pick up. Find a new dealer or just bite the bullet and buy the tools and updated parts?

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Honestly I would find another dealer if your car is under warranty.

I started having the issue after 250 miles of riding. Thanks to the good folks here that got their cars before me and posted, I was able to get mine to the dealer for the repair, getting it back yesterday. Although I wasn’t able to get it hot in the parking lot, the engagement RPM is noticeably higher which would correct the issue.

To the OP: I would never suggest not getting the tools and doing the work yourself since I would do it as well, however, why pay for something that is BRP’s known issue with a known fix? It’s just BS that these dealers are so “misinformed” or just don’t care about servicing the vehicles once they sell it.

·
Registered
2022 X3 Max X RS Turbo RR
58 Posts
Honestly I would find another dealer if your car is under warranty.

I started having the issue after 250 miles of riding. Thanks to the good folks here that got their cars before me and posted, I was able to get mine to the dealer for the repair, getting it back yesterday. Although I wasn’t able to get it hot in the parking lot, the engagement RPM is noticeably higher which would correct the issue.

To the OP: I would never suggest not getting the tools and doing the work yourself since I would do it as well, however, why pay for something that is BRP’s known issue with a known fix? It’s just BS that these dealers are so “misinformed” or just don’t care about servicing the vehicles once they sell it.
That's my only hang up. It's been wrong since day one and I've been going back and forth with them for awhile now. They should foot the bill.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
Just took mine in for the hard shift/belt spinning in park problem that it has done since new and was told they have never heard of this issue and that TST 140256 didn't apply to my machine... They said it needed a new one way bearing and the linkage adjusted $240 as that's a wear item and not covered under warranty.

It was cold and wet yesterday and there's no way they had the space or the will to get it up to operating temp to try and duplicate the problem. Mileage didn't change from drop off and pick up. Find a new dealer or just bite the bullet and buy the tools and updated parts?
Find a new dealer.

·
Registered
150 Posts

Find a different dealer this TST applies to all 22 P Drives. I talked to one dealer that said they never heard of it either and another was able to directly look it right up and give me the updated PN#. Half of the service techs it seems barely can work a computer so I'd call around. Don't mean to sound rude about it but I called 3 dealers and basically got 3 different answers on it. Takes being persistent and if needed call BRP directly. I did and they actually helped out and even provided a small kickback at my dealer for whatever I choose since it took almost 2 months to get parts and fix.

Remember, alignment mid to high rpm may be different than at zero rpm or idle.
That's what makes the float so valuable.
Float mod has zero to do with this and will not fix this issue. This solely has to do with the factory weight profile and engagement RPM. The float mod is a good benefit in some cases but in many is a band-aid fix that proper shimming can also fix. Many of the P-Drives engage right off idle and don't disengage all the way. That's why just switching from Normal to Eco mode can change it.

Unfortunately, KWI constantly wants to push the float mod fix for P-Drives which many have found out doesn't fix a thing for this particular problem. Their weights on the other hand actually do as that is the main culprit.

·
Premium Member
7,056 Posts
Find a different dealer this TST applies to all 22 P Drives. I talked to one dealer that said they never heard of it either and another was able to directly look it right up and give me the updated PN#. Half of the service techs it seems barely can work a computer so I'd call around. Don't mean to sound rude about it but I called 3 dealers and basically got 3 different answers on it. Takes being persistent and if needed call BRP directly. I did and they actually helped out and even provided a small kickback at my dealer for whatever I choose since it took almost 2 months to get parts and fix.

Float mod has zero to do with this and will not fix this issue. This solely has to do with the factory weight profile and engagement RPM. The float mod is a good benefit in some cases but in many is a band-aid fix that proper shimming can also fix. Many of the P-Drives engage right off idle and don't disengage all the way. That's why just switching from Normal to Eco mode can change it.

Unfortunately, KWI constantly wants to push the float mod fix for P-Drives which many have found out doesn't fix a thing for this particular problem. Their weights on the other hand actually do as that is the main culprit.
I understand your issues are different than the OP.

There are multiple people and questions asked that were not to the original OP's post.

I merely answered what was relevant to the "alignment" issue.

I disagree with your conclusion that "proper shiming" will correct all aligment issues where a float is a band-aid.
Since this is not what your issue is, I will refrain from explaining why.

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Shimming can only move the clutch one way and if you have to move it in then you need the float mod for alignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

161 - 180 of 180 Posts