Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
141 - 160 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
The TST is 140256 which consists of two parts:

3X 420248735 Roller Lever Assy
1X 420427801 Spring Support

Last I checked those PN are still BRP internal and don't share up anywhere online. The service dept. will need to reference that TST to find those PN and order. They can take awhile to get, mine was about 3 weeks or so to come in and I was originally told back ordered for months.
Those are the new part numbers shown on the online parts fiche. I ordered about a month ago and thats what was listed.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's an odd issue for sure and seems to be more prevelant on some machines more than others. This is my second 22 w/P Drive. The first one literally had 3 miles on it before I sold it and didn't have the issue. The latest machine had 3 miles on it when I picked it up and has the issue. I have a feeling there's going to be a recall at some point.
Recalls are only if an issue is safety related, once warranty is over you’re on your own. My 22 x3 ds without pdrive began doing this after I greased the dry bearing and replace my belt. Cold it rarely does this, after riding a few miles it does most of the time. I’ll dive into it the next time I do some clutch maintenance. This problem did not exist until after did some clutch work.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I have no proof
only that the 23 skidoo's 900t are arriving now with a new clicker flyweight...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Bump for updates on performance after the new TST?
Just finally had mine done haven't had a ton of miles on it but mainly the difference is the engagement seems slightly later maybe ~200rpm or so. Other than that it's a very minor change overall but haven't noticed any downsides. Plan to ride it more this weekend and will report back.

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
too wide of a belt will also cause the secondary to spin
just like too small of a belt
the clutches are width adjustable by shimming
looks like the 23 pdrive cars may be coming with clicker flyweights (skidoos are for sure)
So my clutch is slightly out of alignment. Would the shims be able to fix this? It currently sits closer to the moveable sheave though. And the shims to me would move the moveable sheave in closer. Which would make it worse. Am I wrong in this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
yes you need to move the rear/secondary clutch for alignment
shimming primary changes the width not alignment
the secondary can be shimmed out (away from trans) for correct alignment
if the secondary clutch needs to move toward the trans then a float kit is needed
looks like gloverxrs needs a secondary float mod kit
I can see where the belt has never ran on the bearing
measure that spot on the bearing, divide it by two and that is the correct amount you need to move the secondary in...my guess is .03

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
yes you need to move the rear/secondary clutch for alignment
shimming changes the width not alignment
the secondary can be shimmed out (away from trans) for correct alignment
if the secondary clutch needs to move toward the trans then a float kit is needed
looks like gloverxrs needs a secondary float mod kit
I can see where the belt has never ran on the bearing
measure that spot on the bearing, divide it by two and that is the correct amount you need to move the secondary in...my guess is .02
Thank you for the information. Looks like the float mod it is haha. Will this slight misalignment also cause the belt to slip easier or to have a higher engagement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
I rode mine this weekend and did 40 miles on the new parts on my 22 XRC and it also solved my issue. As mentioned, my engagement is maybe 200rpm higher or so and that seems to do the trick. Overall response might be a touch better with the more arced weight but it's very minimal. At this point, it basically butter smooth, great response, and no hiccups that I can tell. Overall, I'm pretty happy as this definitely feels like the P Drive I expected. One side comment is I haven't got to really stretch it's legs hard as it was a snow ride but I do believe my max RPM is down slightly. I was in high elevation this weekend though so will double check near sea level what my current RPM is at, stock before the fix was 7,900.

141 - 160 of 180 Posts