Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
101 - 120 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
The TST is 140256 which consists of two parts:

3X 420248735 Roller Lever Assy
1X 420427801 Spring Support

Last I checked those PN are still BRP internal and don't share up anywhere online. The service dept. will need to reference that TST to find those PN and order. They can take awhile to get, mine was about 3 weeks or so to come in and I was originally told back ordered for months.
Have you drove it with the updated parts? Did it solve the problem?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thank you very much for the information. Do you happen to know whether the fix was incorporated into any of the units produced later in the model year?
I don't believe it was, mine was late production unit 7/22 and didn't have them.
Any one know how much the new parts cost? I know damn well the dealer is just going to claim they couldn't reproduce it and want me to pay out of pocket.
Each roller is $30.99 (3x needed) and the spring support is $9.39, so less than $100 in parts total. They don't need to reproduce it, I called my dealer told them of the issue mentioned that TST and they ordered the parts. It's a very known issue by BRP on P-Drives.
Have you drove it with the updated parts? Did it solve the problem?
I have not, my appt to install them is in a few weeks. However, on the FB groups a couple of people that have done it say it 100% fixes the issue. The weights definitely have more of an "arc" too them which should ideally make them more responsive but possibly allow the primary to fully disengage in combination with whatever changes were made to the spring cup.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
there is a TST out which is 140256
I just spoke to a dealer about this. He said the 140256 fix would only apply to an X3 with these problems, and it will be covered even if it is out of warranty.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Each roller is $30.99 (3x needed) and the spring support is $9.39, so less than $100 in parts total. They don't need to reproduce it, I called my dealer told them of the issue mentioned that TST and they ordered the parts. It's a very known issue by BRP on P-Drives.
I already asked and they said They would need it for 2 weeks and have to be able to duplicate it, or I can pay for the updates out of pocket.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Frankly put, find a new dealer they are clueless or call BRP directly.
After the crap I went through with all the SE MI dealers trying to get my out-of-the-box defective throttle pedal fixed, it will be much less BS to do it myself. Customer service stops as soon as the pen leaves the paper on the signature line of the sales order.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
the fly weights are easy to change to special tools needed
just need to pry the clutch closed a little, the tools do work better
but pulling the governor and changing the spring helper
needs special tools, a clutch tool kit has all the tools
the pdrive has lots of rollers that will need service sooner than you may think

·
Registered
2022 X3 XRS RR SS
1,016 Posts
the fly weights are easy to change to special tools needed
just need to pry the clutch closed a little, the tools do work better
but pulling the governor and changing the spring helper
needs special tools, a clutch tool kit has all the tools
the pdrive has lots of rollers that will need service sooner than you may think
You seem to be a clutch whisperer. What’s a good tool kit for the P Drive and secondary?

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
Does anyone know if the earlier E-Drive puller work to remove the P-Drive from the crank shaft or do I need to get a new one?
My Alba one does. Depending on the thread placement it may or may not. An older one that would pull my e drive would not pull the pdrive. So one did and one didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sounds like if the threads get a good bite on the P-Drive it will be safe to use my E-Drive puller. I have the puller that comes in the KWI E-Drive tool kit.
I guess I will eventually have to get the P-Drive tool kit so I can pull apart the clutch and service it when required.
Soon I will be selling my KWI E-Drive tool kit if anyone might be interested.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
edrive governor cup puller will work on the pdrive...all the new pullers come drilled for both clutches
if yours is not drilled for both you can drill the puller yourself to fit the pdrive

101 - 120 of 142 Posts