Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Just purchased a new 2022 can am x3 last week. The only thing was that I couldn't take it home because it was missing the gauge cluster, keys, and one other item. It's sitting on their lot until they receive these parts. They told me it could take about a month. Has anybody heard anything else? I contacted BRP and they told me that the dealership had the latest info. Are these parts coming in from over seas? The ports here in Long Beach extremely backed up. Any info will help, thanks!

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
It's been common knowledge, that the ecm's are backordered.
Several machines have been shipped incomplete.

Welcome from wherever our truck parks our home for the night
Ocotillo Wells SVRA Salton City CA

Barbara

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,637 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. Yeah, it's well know. You might be in for a long wait. Rumor has it February time frame at the earliest.

·
Premium Member
14,637 Posts
Wow... really? Was hoping to rip up in glamis for New Years. I guess I better change my plans 😞. Thank you guys!
Yeah remember, February at the earliest. Doesn't mean it will happen then. Check some of the threads, lots of members waiting.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Welcome to the forum ! What a tease to have part of your ride in !

are you in the LBC ?? Long Beach in da house ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum ! What a tease to have part of your ride in !

are you in the LBC ?? Long Beach in da house ?
Thanks! I live in LA but got my x3 at del amo of Long Beach. It sucks cause I put my deposit in and a week later they called me saying it came in. At least I can sit in it and pretend that I'm driving it in the meantime.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I’ve been to Del Amo motorsports many times , mostly to the O.C. one . I lived in L.A. ( Santa Monica and Brentwood ) for many years then moved down to Newport Beach, O.C.
I moved back to Florida earlier this year.

lol ! You sit in it and make motor sounds for a month:). Brrrrmmm Brrrrmmmm !!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
every dealership has a brp toy waiting on parts
skidoos and even seadoo are being shipped missing parts
keys, are not the problem, its the RF chip in the DESS system that brp can not get
so most toys are shipped with not working rfdess...so any key will work
the dash is another shortage, for all the brp brands
canam shares many parts with the other brp brands
brp is using most of it parts on skidoos now
the snow season is so short than even a one month delay is huge
IMO more delays is shipping dates are likely for all brp brands
just last week they announced were canceling some pre orderd toys
because of part shortages

·
Premium Member
2022 Maverick X3 XRC Turbo rr 64"/ 2020 Maverick X3 XRC Turbo
19 Posts
Thought I'd share the text I just got from my salesman...

"Mr. Mackenzie, hope all is well!
Sure thing, I'd never sugar coat it because I also would want to know the truth.
A little bit of mixed news, but overall we are moving forward successfully.
Your machine has arrived safely, and it is missing a few parts.
At this time, it is missing the ECM, guage cluster, DESS post, and voltage regulator.
When the machine arrived, we opened a case with Can-Am to have those parts sent in as soon as possible.
That process is already underway, and we are just waiting for the parts to arrive.
Trust me I want you to have the machine as soon as possible, so we are doing everything we can to get the finishing parts.
I'm hoping to have more good news soon!

On a side note, I just want to say it's pretty normal for the incoming machines to arrive missing a list of parts.
Sadly we have about 60-70 sleds in the warehouse that are awaiting components.
They don't give me a timeframe, but I typically see everything arrive in around a month once the machine arrives.
It could be more, but I'm hoping for a month or less at this point."

We'll see how it goes! Not getting my hopes up,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’ve been to Del Amo motorsports many times many times , mostly to the O.C. one . I lived in L.A. ( Santa Monica and Brentwood ) for many years then moved down to Newport Beach, O.C.
I moved back to Florida earlier this year.

lol ! You sit in it and make motor sounds for a month:). Brrrrmmm Brrrrmmmm !!
Ooo... you boujee :)
That's the plan. Gonna get some VR glasses and have someone shake the car. Push me down the road.
Thought I'd share the text I just got from my salesman...

"Mr. Mackenzie, hope all is well!
Sure thing, I'd never sugar coat it because I also would want to know the truth.
A little bit of mixed news, but overall we are moving forward successfully.
Your machine has arrived safely, and it is missing a few parts.
At this time, it is missing the ECM, guage cluster, DESS post, and voltage regulator.
When the machine arrived, we opened a case with Can-Am to have those parts sent in as soon as possible.
That process is already underway, and we are just waiting for the parts to arrive.
Trust me I want you to have the machine as soon as possible, so we are doing everything we can to get the finishing parts.
I'm hoping to have more good news soon!

On a side note, I just want to say it's pretty normal for the incoming machines to arrive missing a list of parts.
Sadly we have about 60-70 sleds in the warehouse that are awaiting components.
They don't give me a timeframe, but I typically see everything arrive in around a month once the machine arrives.
It could be more, but I'm hoping for a month or less at this point."

We'll see how it goes! Not getting my hopes up,
I appreciate that! This gives a little bit of hope.

·
Premium Member
14,637 Posts
Can they not just take a ecu off another floor model?
Doubt a dealer would ever due that. Because the dealer can sell the floor model, taking it off his inventory. An ordered model is kind of invisible for inventory purposes I believe. The dealer still will get credit for selling it, but it's from a different "pot". Either way, they would have a machine they can't move.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Doubt a dealer would ever due that. Because the dealer can sell the floor model, taking it off his inventory. An ordered model is kind of invisible for inventory purposes I believe. The dealer still will get credit for selling it, but it's from a different "pot". Either way, they would have a machine they can't move.
I would think it would actually be to their advantage if it worked for the same model as they have it in possession per the OP. It would create a completed sale, take a item out of inventory before year end as well provide commission to the salesperson. The downside is if it's on a flooring plan it's going to sit longer where the dealer will take a greater loss on that particular machine.

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
912 Posts
Who owns the cars/ATVs/Sleds missing parts? Is BRP shipping to clear out storage space or are they claiming the dealer now owns the the incomplete units and expecting them to be floored/dealer owned until the missing parts are installed for delivery?

·
Premium Member
14,637 Posts
Who owns the cars/ATVs/Sleds missing parts? Is BRP shipping to clear out storage space or are they claiming the dealer now owns the the incomplete units and expecting them to be floored/dealer owned until the missing parts are installed for delivery?
I would guess it's still owned by BRP, as the dealer can't sell / move the item due to missing parts?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts