Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Did some riding this weekend and had an issue where when taking off from a stop (high, low and reverse) my machine will just lose throttle response entirely and just stall somewhat. I can press the pedal to the floor and nothing happens. I don’t lose power(electrical) or anything it just kind of stops. If I let out on the gas pedal and press again it goes on just fine. It doesn’t do this every time and just at complete random.

Throttle sensor of some sort maybe? Im not sure lol. It doesn’t sputter or shake or anything just acts like I let off the gas. nothing shows up on the dash and I don’t think (will try and see again to be sure when I get a chance) the rpms drop or anything either.

Anyone ever ran into this by chance?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2020 X3 X RS RR
225 Posts
seat belt buckled and performance key (only key they gave me I think).
Any check engine light or codes by chance? You would think that if the throttle position sensor didn't match the throttle body sensor, it would throw a code.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any check engine light or codes by chance? You would think that if the throttle position sensor didn't match the throttle body sensor, it would throw a code.
Nothing at all, not even a flash of anything that I have noticed. I’ll try and recreate it tomorrow while recording if I can. Just so I can 1- show it and 2- catch anything I might not be seeing lol

·
Premium Member
11,813 Posts
Possible bad gas? Injectors clogged?

·
Registered
2021 XRS RR w/ SmartShox
20 Posts
Im not 100% sure on this, but I believe the 21's are only coming with 1 key (the performance key). Not sure if its due to a shortage or what...... I just got mine and they were quick to inform me that it only came with 1 key now.

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
989 Posts
Just to be sure about the seat belt circuit possibility, the dash does not have SEAT BELT scrolling across the screen?

I'm sure you would have noticed. Just eliminate the simple things first here eh...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just to be sure about the seat belt circuit possibility, the dash does not have SEAT BELT scrolling across the screen?

I'm sure you would have noticed. Just eliminate the simple things first here eh...
I looked for that actually and didn’t see it, not even a brief flash that I noticed. I will record it in the driveway tomorrow if I can get it to do it again. Thank you

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
when it does it, try the override button and see if that helps
if its the torque management system kicking in then you must take your foot off the petal
for it to reset....the dead pedal is a classic symptom of the torque limiter
also the brake and gas at the same time will cause the limiter to kick in

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have exactly the same problem on my 2021 XRS MAX TURBO RR SMARTSHOX. I lose all power I have to release the throttle and give some gas again to have power. No check light what so ever.
When moving I have no problem at all.
I started noticing this problem after installing the RPM BOV and charge tube maybe this can help diagnostic the issue.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
no tunes for the 21s

·
Registered
2020 X3 X RS RR
225 Posts
I get the yet, but if like GM and the C8 Corvette, they have not and WILL not crack it. The workaround is a chip replacement or standalone ECU. The C8's encryption is 2048 kb. Todays manufactures are calling their software proprietary and you don't own it.
Welcome to the future.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts