Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up our new machine and took it for its first ride. Very Impressive. Considerable improvement over our 2016 1000R Turbo for sure. Our group ride was uneventful until one of the X3 cars all of a sudden quit. No electrical, nothing. So we started to troubleshoot and someone suggested we look at the battery. In order to get to the battery you have to remove the right rear seat, Really?? The book says to lift up the bottom cushion and pull back on it. Oh no! It doesn't mention the small hard rubber piece that has to be removed first... Then, it doesn't mention how to get past the seat adjustment rod... Oh well. The battery is then accessible and we found the screw loose on the post, tightened and we were back in business. When I got home I decided to look at mine to make sure everything was tight. I was surprised to see that in order to remove the battery the hold down bracket is nutted on the bottom of the car and only accessible if you remove the entire skid plate, unbelievable. Another observation is the battery box appears to have a place for a cover of some sort but no cover? Weird. With everything apart I decided to install remove battery connections in case I wanted to attach a battery charger or get a jump start, probably a smart move. That's all for now. Happy as can be. Great machine!

·
Registered
2020 X3 XRS Turbo RR
138 Posts
I just bought a leftover new 2020 XRS Turbo RR and noticed the same thing about battery access. I'm considering relocating it. Many things could be improved besides battery access. I've torn apart much of it already making improvements and haven't even driven it yet. I've already voided the warranty and at the rate I'm going it won't be ready for the first ride for a few more months. Like every other toy I've owned, this is sure to be a money pit but a fun diversion until racing season starts up again.

Have fun with your new ride.

·
Registered
2021 Maverick X3 RS Turbo RR
147 Posts
Welcome! Take some time and verify all bolts and nuts (especially on the suspension) are tightened down periodically. These machines are able to put up with quite a lot of abuse, but neglect not so much.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. Check torqued condition of your suspension and brake connections for a longish break in period. My front arms and rear brake banjo bolt needed attention within 400 miles. Other than a few design oddities like getting to the battery and servicing engine and differential lube, Can am makes a great product. -Thumbs up on your remote battery terminals. I'm glad I have mine.
Miles and miles of smiles ahead for you!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Like changing a belt, better learn how to remove seats on an X3. Have had mine out so many times I can do it in my sleep in under 2min🤣. Its only 4 bolts...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It seems the seatbelts keep the seat from coming out completely unless unbolt the belts too?

·
Registered
2021 Maverick X3 RS Turbo RR
147 Posts
You can unbolt the belts at the bottom then slip through. Otherwise, yes, you would have to completely unbolt the belts too. On the driver's side there is a seat belt sensor that will need to be disconnected as well.

·
Premium Member
X3 XRS R Triple Black
1,243 Posts
Welcome! Great introduction send photos of your new rid and riding area and upgrades

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Smart Shox or no?
I really wanted the SmartShox but the dealer said they were difficult to get and couldn't tell me when a car with them would be available. Therefore, I took a car without them. The suspension on the car without them seems excellent. Not sure what I am missing... The seat issue seems strange to me, I would have thought the engineering would have been better thought out. Nothing is perfect.

·
Registered
2020 X3 X RS RR
209 Posts
You can unbolt the belts at the bottom then slip through. Otherwise, yes, you would have to completely unbolt the belts too. On the driver's side there is a seat belt sensor that will need to be disconnected as well.
No you just need to unthread the belt through the friction plate then pull out through the shoulder holes. You will need to remove the seat belt sensor and put in a delete plug. Also need to cut a small groove where the seat adjuster lock goes through the seat. This lets you remove the 4 bolts under the seat cushion to remove the seat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts