Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for posting this! I guess my RS is going to be seating at the dealership all summer :mad:
I took mine in to the dealership and they checked to make sure it was the flywheel and it was so I brought I back home and now just waiting on part to show up to take it back.

Still riding it around and it rarely comes on. What I do now is let it warm up longer, like 15-20 mins before riding it. Since I started doing this it went to limp mode only once and turning it off and on cleared the limp mode.

Only thing we can do for now while we wait.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I took mine in to the dealership and they checked to make sure it was the flywheel and it was so I brought I back home and now just waiting on part to show up to take it back.

Still riding it around and it rarely comes on. What I do now is let it warm up longer, like 15-20 mins before riding it. Since I started doing this it went to limp mode only once and turning it off and on cleared the limp mode.

Only thing we can do for now while we wait.
l will try that Jesquer10 luckily still under warranty if more breaks down.

·
Registered
2021 Can Am Maverick X3 XRS Max
1 Posts
I just got this same code on my 2021 xrs max while I was in Moab. I took it in to one of the shops there that rent can am machines and talked to them. The head mechanic came out and looked at the machine and said they have had this happen to there machines and that I had burned my belt and this was what was causing the code. So we pulled the belt and sure enough the belt had a burned spot in it. We changed the belt and I never got the code again or had any more issues. I don’t know if this will help anybody else but it’s definitely worth a shot.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just got this same code on my 2021 xrs max while I was in Moab. I took it in to one of the shops there that rent can am machines and talked to them. The head mechanic came out and looked at the machine and said they have had this happen to there machines and that I had burned my belt and this was what was causing the code. So we pulled the belt and sure enough the belt had a burned spot in it. We changed the belt and I never got the code again or had any more issues. I don’t know if this will help anybody else but it’s definitely worth a shot.
I replaced 3 belts hoping my issue was that. Hopefully it fixed your problem

·
Premium Member
12,228 Posts
I replaced 3 belts hoping my issue was that. Hopefully it fixed your problem
In how long? Are you breaking the belts in? Heat cycles?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had 259 miles on my car . All 3 belts were oem and broken in properly . Unfortunately the same code for the flywheel on the 21’s can also happen with a burnt belt or improper clutching. 600 bucks in belts and it was the flywheel the whole time. Hopefully can am does the right thing and recalls the 21s

·
Registered
2021 XRS RR MAX
188 Posts
I had 259 miles on my car . All 3 belts were oem and broken in properly . Unfortunately the same code for the flywheel on the 21’s can also happen with a burnt belt or improper clutching. 600 bucks in belts and it was the flywheel the whole time. Hopefully can am does the right thing and recalls the 21s
Ya I went thru 8 badass belts in 1100 miles in mine. Got the "it is just the belt 3 times" and it just needs the newest ecu flash 2 times. Other couple times they said it was my new sand tires. They are warranty both my primary sheaves and both of my secondary sheaves. None of that will help, even the mechanic know that it will still be out of alignment. But brp wants to try that first.

I said well who is going to pay for the belts that I smoke and the downtime. Plus I already had to replace the inner and outer housing. Will you pay for those when my belt explodes? How bout all the lost time riding. I already have the full float mod on another set of clutches. But what happens to somebody who isn't willing to do that? They told me my rig would set in the shop until secondary sheaves would arrive in August. That is total BS. We bought the damn top model minus the fancy smart shocks so we wouldn't have too many issue and not need to update much. We love it but these 21s seem to be just slapped together with crappy parts. Probably won't let the maintenance guy in to check quality of machines that are making the parts so they are out of spec. Or other factories are just shut down so inferior material has to be sourced else where.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Can Am Canada is showing stock on the fly wheel

10 420686194 Flywheel Ass'y 850W $329.99 CAD
Legend
Available

·
Registered
197 Posts
after a week and a half at the dealer they changed plugs and said that they were the issue.. they are now wanting me to cough up the scratch for that... 1600 KMS and its needing plugs ?? I took it for a ride today and couldn't reproduce the code but then again its so intermittent... I am picking it up Thursday and kinda hope it goes into limp mode again

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dealer told the part is in stock now, taking mine in next week to get it replace. Will update if that fixes the issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Update: Dealership is saying they narrowed it down to the oil pressure switch. Has anybody had an issue with the oil pressure switch with code P0363 present?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well we went out yesterday and the X3 ran fine only ran pavement for a mile or so then we were in the trails for the day, Hit WOT and the limiter no codes. got headed home doing 45 mph and limp mode... So I guess it wasnt the plugs they changed and made me pay for.. Back on the phone with Can Am this morning.

Losing confidence in this dealership

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 268616 Well I found my problem . After sitting in a dealership for 40 days and frustrated I pulled the car out . After speaking with a Factory Can Am racer and a rental company who had 21’X3s It was narrowed down to the flywheel. Flywheels for 21s are 120 units back ordered . It was suggested that I convert back to 18-20 charging system . Pulled the cover and as I guessed the flywheel was coming apart . The reluctor wheel was missing a tooth and coming apart from the flywheel . Swapped stator , Flywheel ,
Voltage regulator. And charging wire harness and the car runs like new !! Car had under 5 miles on it when I started getting codes and just got worse . It would only go into limp mode at 40-55 mph . Nothing less or nothing more . Just wanted share my issue . Can am is aware of this and it would be nice if there is a recall . As time goes on I am sure more 21s will have this issue .
I'm getting this code and issue at a similar speed. Unfortunately it only started happening the weekend when I put my trailer and ride into my summer storage spot about 150 miles from home. I can change plugs, coils and a host of other things at a campsite, but I'd probably need to bring the ride home to do the flywheel, and I'd rather avoid that if possible.

Since you had this torn apart do you know if one could inspect the flywheel visually through the crankshaft position sensor (CPS) hole? It looks like that sensor stares straight at the flywheel. Maybe it can be inspected with a flashlight, mirror or inspection camera while someone spins the engine by hand from the drive belt?

Thanks

41 - 55 of 55 Posts