Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need help,

My RR is under 800 miles and it went into limp mode with code po363. Anyone else is having or had this issue?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2020 X3 X RS RR
263 Posts
Need help,

My RR is under 800 miles and it when into limp mode with code po363. Anyone else is having or had this issue?

Thanks in advance!
Code says misfire detected - fueling disabled
Search for misfire and you will have 2 zillion pages to read. Po301,302,303 tell you which cylinder is misfiring. P0301 can be so many stupid things you just need to start troubleshooting.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I changed the belt and it did not fix it. The code returns only when in straightaways and going more than 50 miles an hour.

·
Registered
2020 X3 X RS RR
263 Posts
I changed the belt and it did not fix it. The code returns only when in straightaways and going more than 50 miles an hour.
My bet will be a spark plug issue, fuel quality issue kind of thing. In an hour or so you can put in new plugs, I know in 800 miles you shouldn't need plugs. For $60 in plugs is nothing in relation to the pain in the ass to change.

·
Registered
2020 X3 X RS RR
263 Posts
My bet will be a spark plug issue, fuel quality issue kind of thing. In an hour or so you can put in new plugs, I know in 800 miles you shouldn't need plugs. For $60 in plugs is nothing in relation to the pain in the ass to change.
Also look at the S3 racing plug change method. I did it with my tune and no need to remove the aftercooler or charge tubes. Just the rear valance and muffler.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Meh... Pulling rear muffler and valence is more work than removing IC. Have done both. Removing IC is pretty easy (4 bolts + 2 clamps) and you’ve got clear access to the plugs

+ You can check the inside of your IC for oil contamination.

·
Registered
2020 X3 X RS RR
263 Posts
Meh... Pulling rear muffler and valence is more work than removing IC. Have done both. Removing IC is pretty easy (4 bolts + 2 clamps) and you’ve got clear access to the plugs

+ You can check the inside of your IC for oil contamination.
Probably, but I had both off at that time as I was doing a cat delete pipe. It was a bitch to do the coil bolts with the IC above that's for sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Need help,

My RR is under 800 miles and it went into limp mode with code po363. Anyone else is having or had this issue?

Thanks in advance!
Did you get the issue taken care of I’m begging to have the same issue already changed the belt and still continues to go into limp mode on the straightaways. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 2021 is still in the shop ... for 30 days and they can’t figure it out .

Did you get the issue taken care of I’m begging to have the same issue already changed the belt and still continues to go into limp mode on the straightaways. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2021 is still in the shop ... for 30 days and they can’t figure it out .
Mines a 21 as well had a the error code for the smart shock systems and the limp mode took it in and still continues to do the same might have to take it in once again.

·
Registered
2021 XRS RR MAX
188 Posts
I just started having this issue a week ago. Mine only does it at startup. If I let it warm up, then turn off, remove key, wait until screen turns off, then turn the car back on it goes away. Really annoying. I have 1200 miles on mine and just the last 150miles it has happened.
Removed plugs and they are all good. Checked wiring harness and looked good. Not sure what else it could be unless it is fuel related. Seems like a generic code that goes off when it don't know what is wrong. Everybody that has this code seems to get it at different times.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just got off the phone with my dealer. He is 99% sure it’s the flywheel. In fact there are 3 other 2021 X3’s in there for the same thing. They have also have no ETA for a new correct batch of flywheels to ship out . Total Bullshit. If you have a 2021 with issues call Can Am corporate and let them know you want to be compensated for your down time and trouble. Here is there number +1-888-272-9222

·
Registered
2021 XRS RR MAX
188 Posts
Just got off the phone with my dealer. He is 99% sure it’s the flywheel. In fact there are 3 other 2021 X3’s in there for the same thing. They have also have no ETA for a new correct batch of flywheels to ship out . Total Bullshit. If you have a 2021 with issues call Can Am corporate and let them know you want to be compensated for your down time and trouble. Here is there number +1-888-272-9222
Who is your dealer? Just would like to talk to someone who has some knowledge on this issue. Don't mind calling Can-Am either but would like to know a bit about it before calling Can-Am.

·
Registered
2021 XRS RR MAX
188 Posts
Did they say how they came to that conclusion? Were they able to swap in a flywheel from another car and test? I'm assuming it is the same flywheel as older models or is there something different?

Also when does your car have this issue? Mine is at startup, and I seen that the OP is having it above 50mph in straight aways. MX says his is in straight aways as well but does say how fast? Is yours at speed as well?
Do you know if the other guys that are at the same shop as you have the problems at the same time as you?

·
Registered
2021 XRS RR MAX
188 Posts
Flywheel is different on the new ones with 850w charging system
Awesome guess I will go buy the damn extended warranty. I think I only have like a week left to buy it. Buy the damn top model and you should be good to go🤯

1 - 20 of 55 Posts