Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to put everything dealing with our new ride in here. Starting with the small things/accessories that i had the dealer install, to the things i've done myself.

Things the dealer installed...

DESS keys (also shown in this photo the SuperATV 4500# Winch switch they also installed)

Dual USB ports in the front for the tablet/phones

I also had them install an electrical port in the "bed"

Had them also install the Sport Roof

Waiting on the Power Flip front windshield to come in and have them install it as well..

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After taking those photos, i went around and removed ALL warning decals on the ride for a cleaner look. I also gave it a good coating with SC1 as well.

Then due to my parents having a rzr, i had to add this guy to my ride just in case...

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
1,342 Posts
Here's something that just randomly came to mind...

Not sure if Can Am has changed this in the last couple years on Sport models or not. But the CVT cover screws on my Sport were T30 only. They start to get beat up with frequent removal and can become a PITA to deal with. Especially on a sloppy trail.

I changed mine out to the same type my X3 has. These screws have the T30 as well as 8mm bolt head built into them.

May save you some cursing someday...

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's an awesome tip! Thank you! They come stock on a x3? so i should be able to look them up on RMATV and get a set then

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
that's an awesome tip! Thank you! They come stock on a x3? so i should be able to look them up on RMATV and get a set then
Maybe they smartened up and you already have them.

But yes came stock on my 2020 X3. You can easily look up the part #👍

·
Registered
1,342 Posts

And there is your best friend for getting the cover off very quickly. As well as many other uses obviously.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe they smartened up and you already have them.

But yes came stock on my 2020 X3. You can easily look up the part #👍
just checked.. already has these bolts!

Reactions: SideXEach

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
View attachment 269823

And there is your best friend for getting the cover off very quickly. As well as many other uses obviously.
i have dewalts, but have been pondering switching over to the red tools. Which one is that? dewalt doesn't offer a 90* wrench/drill in the 20v yet :(

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
i have dewalts, but have been pondering switching over to the red tools. Which one is that? dewalt doesn't offer a 90* wrench/drill in the 20v yet :(
That is a 12 volt ratchet. Plenty of power for what it's meant for. That is the older brushed motor model but I like the small head in it. But you can pick one up for less than $100 if you can find one. Most of the M12 3/8" ratchets have a huge head on them the same as the 1/2" drive models. Mostly due to dummies trying to use it to manually break free huge fastners.

Newer stuff is M12 Fuel or M18 Fuel which pretty much just means they are brushless motors. I think they do make an M12 Fuel 3/8" ratchet with a smaller head on it now.

But enough about that. Where the hell are the updates? Waiting on the build!!!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
took it out for a ride this afternoon! Put about 40 miles on it. Had hopes of mud since it has been raining off and on the last couple days, but sadly no rain. Some dust but overall not bad!

after this ride i'm going to be spending sometime in the garage and putting in the drivers side harness i have. Seat belt isn't all that comfy. Not going to add the rear window until i get the front one on.

Reactions: MO_Hacker

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The drivers harness won’t be too bad to install, when it’s time to do the back seats make sure you have a few hours haha
i wont be doing the rears for awhile since i need the seat belts to hold in a car seat, and a booster seat. Also next on the list is mirrors.. hate backing this thing off a trailer without seeing what's behind me lol

·
Registered
282 Posts
You going with side mirrors? I found a BRP rear view that a local guy had, new in the box for 1/2 price. I don’t know if there are any side mirrors that will work with my windshield. The rear view camera is a good option too.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah i'm going to do side mirrors. A bunch of people on the maverick trail/sport fb group said the seizmik mirrors fit with the power flip windshield. thought about the back up camera as well but i don't back up that often lol. Plus my cummins doesn't have one so i've gotten used to using mirrors again

1 - 16 of 16 Posts