Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Until the body valving changes as well I'm not buying. I want a $10,000 shock system on a $30,000 car. Then i'll complain about the noise. lol

But if the shox are able to help adjust for the added unsprung weight, great. If they require a reporgram from the dealer to change tires, not good, if, nothing is known yet.
Only one way to change the actual valving and that is by changing up the shims. So if you can some up with a system that can to that on the fly patent it and enjoy your new found fortune.

Reactions: Scott F

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Electronic shocks do not have Hydrogen. They have "Nitrogen", Hydrogen is VERY flammable gas and would be quite dangerous in a shock application. Tim
That was obviously a typo or brain fart or senior moment. :LOL:

Reactions: Tmesic

·
Registered
101 Posts
With independently controlled corners, can the sway bars be less critical, able to utilize a lighter bar, or perhaps even be removed if controlled correctly?

How does a system like this keep the vehicle level around different severities of a hard turns?

Does this system monitor position in the entire stroke and compare that to the other shocks positions?

Or would it perhaps require something like an accelerometer mixed into that equation to monitor and adjust minimizing the utility of an interconnected system with a bar?

Could they potentially eliminate a bar with the right setup?

How is that controlled on non smooth and rough unlevel ground?

Are there scenarios where a bar physically coupling each side is always needed or required even if it can effectively level a vehicle from left to right by I assume stiffening the outside and softening the inside on the fly like through a chicane for example?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Only one way to change the actual valving and that is by changing up the shims. So if you can some up with a system that can to that on the fly patent it and enjoy your new found fortune.
I’m not sure how much adjustment is available in the electronic “clickers” currently?
But it seems if the shock shaft was made bigger, like an air shock, it would displace more oil into the reservoir; then the electronic adjusters could have a wider range of adjustment. More emphasis would be placed on the adjuster valving and flow relative to the piston valving.
However, I haven’t driven a smart shox vehicle, so it may be ideal as is?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got the chance to check this out firsthand at Pastranaland. Watched/filmed for the morning, then got the opportunity to ride shotgun with him. In that environment, the Smart-Shox sytem was very noticeable. I can’t wait to see how it does out west in Johnson Valley and Glamis.

I can only hope that “tuners” like Shock Therapy will be able to get into the system and be able to sell a shock tune that is nothing more than a reflash.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
I got the chance to check this out firsthand at Pastranaland. Watched/filmed for the morning, then got the opportunity to ride shotgun with him. In that environment, the Smart-Shox sytem was very noticeable. I can’t wait to see how it does out west in Johnson Valley and Glamis.

I can only hope that “tuners” like Shock Therapy will be able to get into the system and be able to sell a shock tune that is nothing more than a reflash.

Bet that was bad ass to participate in. I’m pretty much jealous lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would like to see the electro magnetic technology applied here , by thickening or thinning the fluid magnetically you have infinitely variable stock tuning

·
Registered
387 Posts
I would like to see the electro magnetic technology applied here , by thickening or thinning the fluid magnetically you have infinitely variable stock tuning
Yes ! GM has had it for many years and have sold the tech to Ferrari , Lambo, and others. These to me are a TRUE Electronic valving shock that response in milliseconds and makes these others look like they belong on Fred Flinstones human powered car.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts