Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

121 - 140 of 210 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,837 Posts
Just placed my order for a Speed utv...
I take it the new release didn't impress you?

I still cant bring myself to believe RG has anything but a unicorn until I see units rolling around and parts and service to back it.

I hope I'm wrong. Tim

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
At least 2 years of the speed utv out in the wild before
I would think of purchasing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
9,233 Posts
What does "semi-active suspension" mean.

Is the Polaris Dynamix "fully active"?

Or is that perhaps accommodating for the fact that some users might associate "active suspension" with dynamic ride height also?
It is basically the same as the Polaris set up. Can Am one upped them with controlling the rebound electronically. Should be a great suspension set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,233 Posts
Put a shock tune on your pre -2021 and you’ll be plenty happy with the ride and save some $$. The new colors dont excite me. Can you still get triple black? Hopefully?
The electronic controlled suspension is going to be really nice. The fact it will adjust the rebound is icing on the cake. Imagine buy a new SXS and not shock tuning is needed. Want it to be soft and cushy press a button. Want it to be more sport push a button. Want it set up for aggressive driving push a button. Having it adapt on the fly is even better.

I love the Polaris set up on the Turbo S. This Can Am set up should be even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
How about frame triangulation, how about double shear, how about bolt shanks through all shear points, how about no more paper thin mounting taps, how about no more bump steer, inadequate braking, and so on...
Nothing we have been bitching about has been addressed!
I spend $29K in 2018, I spend almost $20K in addressing shortcomings... and I'm still not there!
I need a four seater, I'm not spending over $30K for a 135" wheelbase behemoth that needs another $20K to be acceptable... just to get fancy shocks.

·
Registered
9,233 Posts
How about frame triangulation, how about double shear, how about bolt shanks through all shear points, how about no more paper thin mounting taps, how about no more bump steer, inadequate braking, and so on...
I spend $29K in 2018, I spend almost $20K in addressing shortcomings... and I'm still not there!
I need a four seater, I'm not spending over $30K for a 135" wheelbase behemoth that needs another $20K to be acceptable... just to get fancy shocks.
Your 4 seater will be the 72" wide Polaris XP Pro that will be released soon.

Can Am is not re-tooling the factory to make major changes to the frame without it coming with an entirely new SXS. They could certainly change up the bolts used and maybe beef up the mounting tabs.
Can Am seems content in letting the aftermarket address some the shortcomings.

Reactions: BLR

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I can’t believe they only put smart-shox on the XRS, you would think the other models would benefit from it too. Maybe they’re going to do a mid year release on the other models, along with a new commander that will compete with the General.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
i'm not sure how hard some of you are riding these machines, i think its amazing we are getting something as crazy as an X3 from factory. i've got a buddy with 18,000 miles on his 18 X3 and its been on some very whooped out trail and he bounds over it at speed. frame and suspension are all bone stock.

to the 4 seater i though the X3 max was a bus but looking at overall length the Defender max is 158" while X3 max is 165" the only compact 4 seater is the Mav sport at at 149" but its a very basic machine.

·
Premium Member
3,560 Posts
Looks like (2) RR models. The regular one has piggy back shocks, gay!!!! The 20’ has better shocks then compared to this additional model, the live valve is def cool, but the non live RR should have remote resi’s for that much money.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
to the 4 seater i though the X3 max was a bus but looking at overall length the Defender max is 158" while X3 max is 165" the only compact 4 seater is the Mav sport at at 149" but its a very basic machine.
over all length is not the issue, wheel base is.

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Looks like (2) RR models. The regular one has piggy back shocks, gay!!!! The 20’ has better shocks then compared to this additional model, the live valve is def cool, but the non live RR should have remote resi’s for that much money.
when talking piggy back vs remote reservoir you are incorrect. Piggy back is better because the oil inside is recirculated all the way through shock and piggyback. remote reservoir the oil does not recirculate, it only makes it down the remote hoses before it gets sucked back into shock body.

·
Vendor
X3 Max RS
615 Posts
Mega this has to be the model you have been waiting for! Rockford Fosgate system! I know how much you love blasting loud music!!

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
It looks to me like it still has remote shocks . The non rr has piggyback shocks.

I'm surprised the 72 " rc doesn't have the new shocks although it says 24" travel like
the live valve rr

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do you think can am did enough to get people with older units to trade/sell them in for the new model?

I'm on the fence as I like the tech for flatter cornering, less body roll and dive. I'll maybe see what supply looks like at the end of next year and what deals are being cut. But I think I will hold off on jumping on one as soon as they hit the lot.

Also do you think the 850w stator can be installed in older motors?

121 - 140 of 210 Posts