Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

101 - 120 of 180 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
I've driven a few manuals offroad and didnt really like it. A 6 speed 3 pedal sports car is fun for sure. A few of my buddies with Hellcats got autos because they are faster but less enjoyable. Especially in tight tricky sections trying to not burn up a clutch is one less thing i like not having to worry about.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
Assuming the trans is like most motorcycle transmissions and is sequentially shifted the clutch is really not used much if at all after taking off.

There really isn't any reason to burn up a clutch offload assuming the gearing is even close to correct and there is a low range for tight areas like we have now with the CVT.

You basically use the clutch to start and stop.

I prefer the manual much more than a CVT.

Watching belt temps and breaking or changing belts is not something I feel is a good thing. Tim

·
Registered
94 Posts
What does "semi-active suspension" mean.

Is the Polaris Dynamix "fully active"?

Or is that perhaps accommodating for the fact that some users might associate "active suspension" with dynamic ride height also?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I like the tech, but I don't think it's worth selling my 2020 to get a 2021. Looks like the smart shocks are only on the RS-RR. Color choices are blah too.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Put a shock tune on your pre -2021 and you’ll be plenty happy with the ride and save some $$. The new colors dont excite me. Can you still get triple black? Hopefully?

·
Registered
584 Posts
I did see triple black on a couple models, the new flat colors dont thrill me. Funny part about being happy with a shock tune is after having a 16 turbo I'm still super happy with my stock suspension every time I dive my x3

101 - 120 of 180 Posts