Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
At 16:25 he says no belt shh you didn't hear that from me. Also know for a fact live shocks coming. WACTH THIS:

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Hopefully it’s true and it’s BRP that does it. They had the first turbo, so why not the first turbo DCT? I’m more interested in the shock package though. Hopefully it’s not just BNG!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hopefully it’s true and it’s BRP that does it. They had the first turbo, so why not the first turbo DCT? I’m more interested in the shock package though. Hopefully it’s not just BNG!!
We've known a while there's been a patent for the DCT, hopefully its now ready for market.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
Y’all can keep the dct. I don’t want it. Belt is to good for our style of riding. I can see west coast with wide open throttle but here in Kentucky and tenn just not the way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
592 Posts
I love when people think of the west coast as wide open throttle driving, and I think of the Rubicon and because of that I dont want a DCT

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Think I would wait a year or two to see the results with a DCT in a 200+HP car.
If it's anything good I can't imagine how they could keep the pricing reasonable without cutting other corners.
IMO they should perfect a hydrostatic which would be conducive to the riding style of a belt driven system.

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
I love when people think of the west coast as wide open throttle driving, and I think of the Rubicon and because of that I dont want a DCT
I guess I should have said dune guys. My apologies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
592 Posts
No apology needed, it's normal that people think of dunes and not the Sierra's. When we ride the Nevada desert a dct might be great to lower rpms when cruising at higher speeds

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
280 Posts
Darn auto correct!

I prefer the belt drive setup also. Dct, might as well buy another truck for up north. I would think it would be quieter without the belt. I didn’t get a x3 to putt around and drink martinis in.
But they throw a 6 speed with a third pedal I would be interested. Paddles on the steering wheel, they can shove that back up their Canadian whatchamacallit. I’ve driven about every high end car made, only one close to right is the high end 911’s Besides that the auto will out shift it all day. 1/10 second delay on paddle shift equals 2 seconds in your head. Good for playing the exhaust note over a auto.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Hydros are the definition of "slush box", and are horsepower robbers.
I did say if they were to perfect it as there are many advantages.

HSTs offer many important advantages over other forms of power transmission.
Depending on its configuration, an HST:
  • transmits high power in a compact size
  • exhibits low inertia
  • operates efficiently over a wide range of torque-to-speed ratios
  • maintains controlled speed (even in reverse) regardless of load, within design limits
  • maintains a preset speed accurately against driving or braking loads
  • can transmit power from a single prime mover to multiple locations, even if position and orientation of the locations changes
  • can remain stalled and undamaged under full load at low power loss
  • does not creep at zero speed
  • provides faster response than mechanical or electromechanical transmissions of comparable rating, and
  • can provide dynamic braking.

·
Registered
9,233 Posts
If I were on the Rubicon I would much rather change a belt and keep moving versus killing a DCT set up. That would be a difficult tow out, if not a lift from a helicopter.

Reactions: BLR

·
Registered
592 Posts
If I were on the Rubicon I would much rather change a belt and keep moving versus killing a DCT set up. That would be a difficult tow out, if not a lift from a helicopter.
Agree, same reason I never considered the yxz, I do to much slow speed low range stuff and plenty of high speed, I'll just keep swapping belts every 1000 miles

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Yeah that would suck, where we ride people have gotten choppered machines out. We had a few Rzr pro xp catch fire, so its hard to tow a severely damaged machine.

On long trips being able to cruise at speed in a lower rpm would be awesome... the X3 is amazing on fuel considering the power output and rpm we are at cruising to the dunes. If I could run 2000 rpm in eco mode I could take much less extra gas to get me home or have more fun st high rpm ripping in the dunes. Probably also wed gain more reliability, the X3 suspension is so good we can rip at 6000 rpm over very rough road and be quite comfortable so cruising same speed at 4000rpm would be much easier on the machine. When your passing a rzr its easy to drop and gear and disappear.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 210 Posts