Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

201 - 220 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Supply/Demand, no reason to give a discount.
I know when I was looking for the 18.5 when Smart-Loc first came out the dealers had limited supply after release, most if they had any coming in wouldn't budge off retail.
A lot has to do with demand within regions and allocations.

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
371 Posts
Boss told me for my summer bonus to pick out any can am I wanted. Not enough change on the 21 imo. Went with a new defender limited instead.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Boss told me for my summer bonus to pick out any can am I wanted. Not enough change on the 21 imo. Went with a new defender limited instead.
I'm kinda in that same boat, the defender limited is selling well and its a better family machine, around here is also a bonus winter machine.

I got a dirt bike to have fun with and I also ride mtn bike a lot.

We have a lot of SXS camping areas and the defender will be great for that, but when the kids are not with me I'm gonna wish I had an X3.

I really wish can am would take the commander box and stick it on a Mav sport XRC with 4 seats and use the turbo from the previous gen mavericks. 130 hp sport utility SXS, one can dream right???

I can only use the 195hp a few times per year so is it worth giving up defender utility??? Either way I'm getting a new machine and my dealer has a pile defender limiteds on order so I can change my mind once it shows up.

For now I'm leaving my name on the XDS Max in desert tan / black

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
371 Posts
I will vouch for the defenders. Things are awesome. Great build quality, ride excellent, quiet cab, insane torque. I spend more time in the defender then the x3. Honestly I’d trade my x3 straight up for a new defender if ever presented.

He wasn’t the one who crashed it. He’s the one that owns it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm kinda in that same boat, the defender limited is selling well and its a better family machine, around here is also a bonus winter machine.

I got a dirt bike to have fun with and I also ride mtn bike a lot.

We have a lot of SXS camping areas and the defender will be great for that, but when the kids are not with me I'm gonna wish I had an X3.

I really wish can am would take the commander box and stick it on a Mav sport XRC with 4 seats and use the turbo from the previous gen mavericks. 130 hp sport utility SXS, one can dream right???

I can only use the 195hp a few times per year so is it worth giving up defender utility??? Either way I'm getting a new machine and my dealer has a pile defender limiteds on order so I can change my mind once it shows up.

For now I'm leaving my name on the XDS Max in desert tan / black

i have been contemplating selling my x3 just to get something decent out of it before they really do change something big.

Im in the boat of wanting to have an x3 chassis or mav sport 60" with a box wtih 130-140 hp. it would be an awesome seller and would compete with the general, which seems to be a big hit right now. i was really hoping for a redesign on the commander before i finally have to take the plunge on a 4 seater defender and either keep my x3 or end up selling some other stuff. i want the sport fun when i dont have my wife and dog with me but want to have a box and rear seat when i have the dog along. hopefully some kids too sometime.

steve

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
i have been contemplating selling my x3 just to get something decent out of it before they really do change something big.

Im in the boat of wanting to have an x3 chassis or mav sport 60" with a box wtih 130-140 hp. it would be an awesome seller and would compete with the general, which seems to be a big hit right now. i was really hoping for a redesign on the commander before i finally have to take the plunge on a 4 seater defender and either keep my x3 or end up selling some other stuff. i want the sport fun when i dont have my wife and dog with me but want to have a box and rear seat when i have the dog along. hopefully some kids too sometime.

steve
A lot of people are it seems. I know some who switched to the general for that reason. The new deluxe has QS3 shocks and rides quite nice.

Ideally I'd love to own a defender max limited and an X3 but I don't have the space or I'd only use the X3 5 to 10 times per year i bet. Most of my rides will be with the family or I have my other toys like motorcycles, dirtbike, and mtn bikes.

I still have my X3 XDS max rr on order but I can change it if I like. Sometimes can am does a late release so if nothing else happens by after Christmas ill probably end up taking the X3.

If our local moto track was in better shape id go defender for sure but the track is too dangerous as its a hard clay. So I need something to satisfy my wild side, with it getting hard to do on dirtbike (just of where I live) maybe I need the X3 is what I need to be happy.

PLEASE canam build us a real sport utility! You need one to bridge the defender and X3

·
Registered
9 Posts
So X3s are literally flying off the floors, my dealer sold more X3s in 2 months than all of last year.

Only one available is a 6 hour drive away and it's a 120hp model.

Has anyone tracked the new release dates? For sleds I always keep track but I don't buy as many summer toys as I do winter toys.

If the Commander gets a major update I may go that route as a more family friendly machine. (I'll have my dirt bike still)

Well in Phoenix AZ is about the same. Dealer are running out of all things SXS and the x3 max have been long gone. Funny thing was even before this crazy buy up of all things SXS. The dealer around here did not even offer the 120hp cars, only thing that I saw here in desert land was the big RR 192hp. The used market here is crazy too. I sold a Maverick sport XMR in 2 days for full asking price.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
Well in Phoenix AZ is about the same. Dealer are running out of all things SXS and the x3 max have been long gone. Funny thing was even before this crazy buy up of all things SXS. The dealer around here did not even offer the 120hp cars, only thing that I saw here in desert land was the big RR 192hp. The used market here is crazy too. I sold a Maverick sport XMR in 2 days for full asking price.
Wow I'm surprised an XMR sold in the desert. For me it would be an XRS max for sure; no thought needed just buy it.

In Northern Canada we have a pile of muskeg, dealer sold 2 full big rigs of XMR Outlanders. 6 were un sold and they sold before he could start building the 20 or so sold machines. He had 2 or 3 XMR sports and they went same day.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Was going to get a 2021 xrs rr to go along with my 2020 xrc but found a sweet deal on a 2020 rs rr triple black for 25500. The smart shock is not that important to me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm going to wait to buy the 2021 x3 max DS 172 HP. Let most of this crazy cov-19 plant shut down pass and the dealers have stock again. I'll wait for them to discount them a little T00. Then I'll go get the x3. until then I'll sit and dream of a day that it is not 116f degrees out side.

·
Registered
873 Posts
So long as the shut down plants actually can afford to reopen and build something. Not sure how Canada is doing with communal healthcare and how bad that'll cost the companies as well. I'm hoping not to many of the big boys take as big of a hit as I expect them to if this stuff doesn't open back up by Jan.

·
Registered
873 Posts
So long as the shut down plants actually can afford to reopen and build something. Not sure how Canada is doing with communal healthcare and how bad that'll cost the companies as well. I'm hoping not to many of the big boys take as big of a hit as I expect them to if this stuff doesn't open back up by Jan.
Now if dealers start collapsing, it wouldnt be a terrible thing, just can't drive it before you buy it, and no support after sales. Kinda just like it is now..

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
I'm going to wait to buy the 2021 x3 max DS 172 HP. Let most of this crazy cov-19 plant shut down pass and the dealers have stock again. I'll wait for them to discount them a little T00. Then I'll go get the x3. until then I'll sit and dream of a day that it is not 116f degrees out side.
I was thinking of the DS if I could upgrade to the 7.6" display.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I'm waiting for the DS with Smart-Shox. I'm hoping for a mid year release. What are the chance that will happen?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I could see the DS or RC getting smart shox mid year. But with the covid issues it will probably be a 22 option.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just saw the 21 DS turbo at ride now Peoria on IG. I guess Can Am pulled the signature led light off the base models. Never noticed the difference till now.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Just saw the 21 DS turbo at ride now Peoria on IG. I guess Can Am pulled the signature led light off the base models. Never noticed the difference till now.
That sucks, those led lights is part of what makes them stand out. I know its a base model but come on can am!! prices are increasing on these things but they keep taking things off

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
That sucks, those led lights is part of what makes them stand out. I know its a base model but come on can am!! prices are increasing on these things but they keep taking things off

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
At least they can be added back on, or gives you the option for aftermarket RGBW,

I wish the RS and DS could have the 7.6 guage upgrade.

·
Registered
33 Posts
At least they can be added back on, or gives you the option for aftermarket RGBW,

I wish the RS and DS could have the 7.6 guage upgrade.

If the 21's are like the 20's you can upgrade the 4.5" screen to the 7.6".

True, but now you have to get an RR in the 21 models to get the signature lighting and screen after looking at them more. The 120hp XMR and RC have the lighting and 7.6" screen as well. But all 172 HP models no longer have the lighting or 7.6" screen.

Even looks like only the RR units get the 850w stator too.

Can Am is really cutting the base unit features now.

201 - 220 of 221 Posts