Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

181 - 200 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I want to figure out what happens when one of the shocks goes out? Can you manually adjust shock? What happens to system when you change tire size, get aftermarket rim? Do you have to take car in every time to dealer.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
I want to figure out what happens when one of the shocks goes out? Can you manually adjust shock? What happens to system when you change tire size, get aftermarket rim? Do you have to take car in every time to dealer.
Tire size should not matter, fox system has been around a little while and its been reliable. My main concern would be how complex they may by for a rebuild. I'm hoping oil and seals would be the easy to replace.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,965 Posts
I am just ASSuming but I posted before that I suspect tire size may matter on that a heavier tire MAY be an issue.

I saw a video the other day and they it measures velocity.

If we have a heavier tire the inertia will be higher at a given velocity with a heavier tire.

So maybe that will matter?

Not sure just guessing.

Tim

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
:unsure: It's a "Smart Shox" it's supposed to measure the velocity...dunno?
If riding conditions vary or say you had 10lbs of mud on the tire?

·
Premium Member
6,965 Posts
:unsure: It's a "Smart Shox" it's supposed to measure the velocity...dunno?
If riding conditions vary or say you had 10lbs of mud on the tire?
Good point. It can be that a few pounds of inertia is not enough to cause an issue. Be interesting to learn about this setup though. Tim

Reactions: HPnMORE4J

·
Registered
2019 Maverick sport xmr
15 Posts
Y’all can keep the dct. I don’t want it. Belt is to good for our style of riding. I can see west coast with wide open throttle but here in Kentucky and tenn just not the way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. Cvt works great

·
Registered
23 Posts
Lame CanAM for releasing the X3 with a smart suspension yet not address the other more important flaws. Was hoping for more then that and color change, how many folks will jump on the new 2021.was hoping that the new model would be have some must have goodies and drive the price of the 2020 down even further. Oh well not my time, maybe next year Lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lame CanAM for releasing the X3 with a smart suspension yet not address the other more important flaws. Was hoping for more then that and color change, how many folks will jump on the new 2021.was hoping that the new model would be have some must have goodies and drive the price of the 2020 down even further. Oh well not my time, maybe next year Lol.
You don’t think the 2020 won’t go down in price due to the smart shox? I have a feeling if they release 21 in late August, around December might be able to get a deal on a 20.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
What are more important flaws? All our riding groups love the X3 and all are flawless, out of 5 X3s not one has had any kind of issues.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
You don’t think the 2020 won’t go down in price due to the smart shox? I have a feeling if they release 21 in late August, around December might be able to get a deal on a 20.
Are there even many 2020's left? I heard that a lot dealers were sold out.

·
Registered
640 Posts
What are more important flaws? All our riding groups love the X3 and all are flawless, out of 5 X3s not one has had any kind of issues.

Strength issues, most of us dont put a ton of miles or ride hard enough for them to show up especially when people trade up every couple years and only put 3000 miles or less on their cars. Front bulkhead, single sheer points, weak trailing arms, weak radious rods, frames need gussets, that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think that the 2019 72" turbos had driveshafts (axles) made out of cheese. These were upgraded, along with several other things, for the 2020MY

·
Registered
2017 CanAm X3 XRS
84 Posts
Pastrana makes throwing that 4 seater around in those jumps look easy. Those jumps looked pretty intimidating.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I think that the 2019 72" turbos had driveshafts (axles) made out of cheese. These were upgraded, along with several other things, for the 2020MY
Smart lok in 2018 got rid of the axle problems

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
2020 buggies are starting to roll in again . Brp owes my dealer a bunch .

181 - 200 of 221 Posts