Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
The 2020 cluster has turn signal indicators too. Kinda wish they went to the color screen in 21. But from the vid it does seem like they are talking about live valve.

·
Registered
9,233 Posts
The 2020 cluster has turn signal indicators too. Kinda wish they went to the color screen in 21. But from the vid it does seem like they are talking about live valve.
Color screens are nice, but once the sun hits them you can't see anything.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
The 2021 has an 850W magneto. I don't know what the power rating was on earlier models.

Only the RS two and four seat come with the smart shox.

I hate the Can-Am model naming. There are three versions of XDS and XRS. Do DS and RS even mean anything?

·
Registered
9,233 Posts
The 2021 has an 850W magneto. I don't know what the power rating was on earlier models.

I hate the Can-Am model naming. There are three versions of XDS and XRS. Do DS and RS even mean anything?
I believe that is a bigger stator. Going to need it to run the electronic shocks.

·
Registered
8 Posts

From UTV Driver
DS Models: Desert Storm models offer features specifically meant to dominate the desert. You’ll notice the DS models have Visco-Lok X, beadlock wheels, and Fox Podium 2.5 shocks with dual-speed compression and rebound adjustment.

RS Models: Racing Storm models are the “throw it all at you” model. Long-wheel-travel Fox 3.0 RC2 Podium bypass with dual compression and rebound adjustment, high horsepower, 30-inch tires on factory beadlock wheels, and a factory four-point harness are some of the more notable features on machines wearing the RS badge.

RC Models: If you’re into rock crawling, that’s what the RC models are all about. Super sticky 30-inch Maxxis tires, Fox Podium 3.0 RC2 bypass shocks, Ultra High Molecular Weight (UHMW) skid plates and suspension armor, and a Smart-Lok front locker are just some of the benefits of RC models.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The idea that communication with other riders is important and all the web based club programs are necessary is really a pain in my azzz. Independent riding and a race radio if needed is fine...don’t care to pay for the whole Community experience. This group think twitter, instagram off road program is BS..

If I want to know what your doing I will ask to camp with you or meet somewhere. Other than that, get your hands out of my cooler and I will stay out of yours!

Dwayne

With Love,

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
The idea that communication with other riders is important and all the web based club programs are necessary is really a pain in my azzz. Independent riding and a race radio if needed is fine...don’t care to pay for the whole Community experience. This group think twitter, instagram off road program is BS..
If I want to know what your doing I will ask to camp with you or meet somewhere. Other than that, get your hands out of my cooler and I will stay out of yours!
Did you post in the wrong thread? o_O :rolleyes:

Reactions: Mr Ted and Tmesic

·
Registered
105 Posts

I am so disappointed that for 30 grand they only include the budget black and white screen instead of the color GPS screen that is going on its 4TH MODEL YEAR in the CanAm Spyder. Even the Ski-Doo sleds got the color screen in them for 2021.
It's like we are living back in the 60's with a black and white TV. The previous generation analog dials look better than that cheap "Casio Wristwatch" looking screen.

GET WITH THE PROGRAM BRP!!! Polaris has had an optional color screen with built-in GPS available for the RZR since 2015. It's now the 2021 model year and you're 6 years late to the party, IT'S TIME TO UPDATE!

·
Registered
26 Posts
That scree would be awesome ! Maybe 2022 we can hope lol.

Good to know that Can Am made the new 850w stator a retrofit kit that can be installed in earlier year X3's. That is a nice upgrade vs the older 650w stator.

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
View attachment 257656

I am so disappointed that for 30 grand they only include the budget black and white screen instead of the color GPS screen that is going on its 4TH MODEL YEAR in the CanAm Spyder. Even the Ski-Doo sleds got the color screen in them for 2021.
It's like we are living back in the 60's with a black and white TV. The previous generation analog dials look better than that cheap "Casio Wristwatch" looking screen.

GET WITH THE PROGRAM BRP!!! Polaris has had an optional color screen with built-in GPS available for the RZR since 2015. It's now the 2021 model year and you're 6 years late to the party, IT'S TIME TO UPDATE!
I disagree, I rarely look down at my dash for info while driving. When stopped I do look but a fancy color dash is not a part I care to put more money into. Maybe spend that engineering time on a better stronger frame.

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts

Good to know that Can Am made the new 850w stator a retrofit kit that can be installed in earlier year X3's. That is a nice upgrade vs the older 650w stator.
now that's an upgrade ill be looking for.

Let me play devils advocate and look at it from the other side. If the new 21 has a bigger stator and uses all of that power for the smart shocks then it really isn't an upgrade to the 21's just a necessity. But for us with dumb shocks its a win.

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
I actually really like my old analog gauges. Maybe because I'm old.
analog gauges are great to glance and understand, with a digital read out your brain has to focus and process the info while your body is being through around on rough trails. Sweeping gauges can be glanced at to see the needle in the good area and then continue hammer down the trail. Lost of race cars that use gauges spin the gauge so in the normal operating range the needle is point straight up so its easily and quickly seen and then eyes can go back to the terrain processing.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I disagree, I rarely look down at my dash for info while driving. When stopped I do look but a fancy color dash is not a part I care to put more money into. Maybe spend that engineering time on a better stronger frame.
I guess I ride more "out of the way places than most people". When I'm out in the middle of nowhere and the trail forks off in 5 different directions, I'd like to be able to look down at my color GPS dash display and know which trail to take (just like someone with this SAME dash in the Spyder or Ski-doo does). The other features with built-in bluetooth phone and music access are just a bonus.
Yes I know I can do some sort of aftermarket add-on, but having everything bulit-in from the factory is just so much nicer. Remember those Tom-tom and Garmin GPS units everyone used to stick onto the windshield or dash of their cars half a dozen or-so years ago. Well the auto manufactures figured out what people wanted and now it's just about impossible to buy a new car without a feature display.
I've had the factory GPS screen in my RZR since it came out as an option 2015, I even moved it over to my XPT when they came out in 2016, and I use it all the time to find my way back to camp using the "breadcrumb" feature or to find a favorite spot out on the dunes or trail that I've bookmarked.
For $30k on a top of the market X3 model, this feature should already be included. BRP has these units already developed and sitting on the shelf for 4 years now. It's time to put it in the X3, or at least offer it as an option. Extremely disappointed if they make us wait yet another year for it.

·
Premium Member
6,837 Posts
I guess I ride more "out of the way places than most people". When I'm out in the middle of nowhere and the trail forks off in 5 different directions, I'd like to be able to look down at my color GPS dash display and know which trail to take (just like someone with this SAME dash in the Spyder or Ski-doo does). The other features with built-in bluetooth phone and music access are just a bonus.
Yes I know I can do some sort of aftermarket add-on, but having everything bulit-in from the factory is just so much nicer. Remember those Tom-tom and Garmin GPS units everyone used to stick onto the windshield or dash of their cars half a dozen or-so years ago. Well the auto manufactures figured out what people wanted and now it's just about impossible to buy a new car without a feature display.
I've had the factory GPS screen in my RZR since it came out as an option 2015, I even moved it over to my XPT when they came out in 2016, and I use it all the time to find my way back to camp using the "breadcrumb" feature or to find a favorite spot out on the dunes or trail that I've bookmarked.
For $30k on a top of the market X3 model, this feature should already be included. BRP has these units already developed and sitting on the shelf for 4 years now. It's time to put it in the X3, or at least offer it as an option. Extremely disappointed if they make us wait yet another year for it.

View attachment 257661 View attachment 257662
Im with you on that. I like the high tech dash and the built in GPS. Tim

·
Registered
9,233 Posts

Might be time to upgrade the stator on the X3.

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts

View attachment 257661 View attachment 257662
I still disagree, now we were just talking about gauges not specifically GPS. BUT I do believe a dedicated GPS is better than an integrated one that's clunky for uploading trails. just look at you new truck and cars gps they are clunky and only able to put info in if you are stopped. And the proprietary maps you have to find on ebay bootleg for 1/4 of the price. Not to mention the tiny screen. Nah ill pass. But hey im not you mother, well maybe your daddy. You do you boo.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts