Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
plenty of upside to shaft driven. had rincons for a few years and never worried about going or not.
A shaft drive will work on low hp machines, ie every Honda ever made. The cost alone to hold the hp already available for these machines would be outrageous. A 30k$ machine would jump to 40k$ quickly. I’ll take a 15 minute belt change any day over a low hp machine . As mentioned earlier it would take a car or small truck trans to come close to hold what we would consider big hp. Just not feasible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
I have no problems with belt driven but to claim shaft driven is somehow inferior, a mistake or worthless is not true. its just another way to go. satisfied with belt and not advocating for the shaft.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
I have no problems with belt driven but to claim shaft driven is somehow inferior, a mistake or worthless is not true. its just another way to go. satisfied with belt and not advocating for the shaft.
Did you even read what I wrote? Obviously not. . I stated the COST of said trans would put the machines out of reach for most people including myself. Instead of a clutch kit it for bigger tires it would be a pull the trans and change out gears. Yamaha has tried it and we’ve all seen how well it worked worked out for them . They can barely give them away on east coast . I’m sure out west they do sell better though

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Oh I would love one for sure like the most of us but for people who are educated and understand what is needed realizes it's not feasible at the time.

Look at the cost for a Mendeola $7000+

Then another thing, you can't work on it yourself after you explode one....not cheap!

·
Registered
116 Posts
In which month does BRP start publicizing the new year models?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’d like a good seat slider that works and locks consistently. Seats that can be quickly and safely removed with out the bolts. Dynamic shocks you can adjust and save settings for different ride conditions. A oh crap button like Razor did. Add that to the 2020s Od have a hard time not buying one.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
I’d like a good seat slider that works and locks consistently. Seats that can be quickly and safely removed with out the bolts. Dynamic shocks you can adjust and save settings for different ride conditions. A oh crap button like Razor did. Add that to the 2020s Od have a hard time not buying one.
Good seat sliders would be nice

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
You could easily make a quick release system.

·
Registered
420 Posts
here we go:

standard swing doors on 2-seat and front on the 4-seaters, quality tool kit to change a belt in the glove box w/ ratchet, parking brake, belt gauge from factory (displays on the factory gauge cluster), full 1/2 door from factory, real door handle ( no more door strap), door limit strap is gone (stopper built into the hinge), dome light, double sheer from factory

this would cost Can Am about $400
I could see the belt gauge coming, ski doo has it on the new summit turbo. Well just a dummy light but all you really need if its set at a safe point

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
looks like a nice color 7.8 inch dash will replace the orange puke
can be seen on 21 skidoos
"The view from behind the bars has never been better with the all-new large panoramic 7.8 inch wide color display. Not only does it offer the most modern view of important vehicle data, it's also compatible with mobile apps and the new BRP Go app to offer GPS guidance, rider-to-rider communication, music and more
A full color 7.8-inch Bluetooth-enabled gauge with GPS, music, helmet communication app compatibility and more. Mapping capabilities can include turn-by-turn guidance on all official state and provincial trail systems where available in North America."

·
Registered
32 Posts
looks like a nice color 7.8 inch dash will replace the orange puke
can be seen on 21 skidoos
"The view from behind the bars has never been better with the all-new large panoramic 7.8 inch wide color display. Not only does it offer the most modern view of important vehicle data, it's also compatible with mobile apps and the new BRP Go app to offer GPS guidance, rider-to-rider communication, music and more
A full color 7.8-inch Bluetooth-enabled gauge with GPS, music, helmet communication app compatibility and more. Mapping capabilities can include turn-by-turn guidance on all official state and provincial trail systems where available in North America."

I could see that as a potential answer to Ride Command

How many seasons did SkiDoo have that Orange screen for?

·
Registered
32 Posts
How about front arms you can disassemble independently?

Are there any benefits or advantages for the user with the current system that ties the arms together from left to right, requiring unassociated parts to be disassembled to remove a single arm?

Are they gaining any structural strength efficiently that way, or minimizing weight? I assume its quicker/cheaper to manufacture?

People generally prefer a standard double shear plate with a single bolt per hinge point? Where you could potentially take out 2 bolts and swap a ball joint to replace an arm, particularly ones known to be quite weak by design.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts