Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just going to take a wild stab at this and feel there won't be any significant changes unless they release a whole new model/platform.
Time will soon tell.

·
Premium Member
10,162 Posts
Yeah, kind of agree. No manufacturer has passed BRP / Can Am yet for horsepower or width / length. If they would address the weak areas, but I suppose that's what the aftermarket is there for.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Shocks. Maybe the kind something similar like Polaris or the live valve Honda Talon has.
Not enough change to hold out and pass up deals on 2020's and 2019's.
Maybe a new dash with showroom appeal.
Colors, graphics.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The only two things Polaris had is ride command, but I can get that with phone/tablet. Then live valve. I wish can am would go that route but I doubt it.

I wish they they would go a gusset option, but I already have that on my 19.

Only thing that would make me upgrade or want to upgrade would be the live valve. DCT would be nice but I only change about one belt a year, so I'm fine with the CVT.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would switch to polaris if they canam went to dct. Everyone acts like changing a belt every 1000 miles is such a big deal. Do you think clutches arent a wear item? I hope they make upgrades to the weeker parts and also make live valve standard in the xds xrs and xrc. I also hope they keep pricing the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,141 Posts
I would switch to polaris if they canam went to dct. Everyone acts like changing a belt every 1000 miles is such a big deal. Do you think clutches arent a wear item? I hope they make upgrades to the weeker parts and also make live valve standard in the xds xrs and xrc. I also hope they keep pricing the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
these mouth breathers can barely change a belt how in the hell will they figure out their dual clutch needs attention?

·
Registered
379 Posts
How interesting would a DCT be to most over the current belt drive?
Auh... No, The current drive keeps the RPM'S at optimal power output at all times. Something that can not be achieved with a shifting gearbox. When the current setup is 'right' its incredibly hard to beat from a performance viewpoint. People that go thru belts like beer on a hot day have another problem. Certainly not the belt.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yes but one downside to a belt. Say they last 1,000 miles. And you usually ride in a group of 6-8. Pretty much every trip someone will break a belt. Sometimes that's fine, half hour later and you are good. Other times not so much.

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
here we go:

standard swing doors on 2-seat and front on the 4-seaters, quality tool kit to change a belt in the glove box w/ ratchet, parking brake, belt gauge from factory (displays on the factory gauge cluster), full 1/2 door from factory, real door handle ( no more door strap), door limit strap is gone (stopper built into the hinge), dome light, double sheer from factory

this would cost Can Am about $400

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The shaft/transmission would probably have to be an 8 spd to hold rpms and lightweight.
Also to hold up to 195hp+ would be in the same range as a automobile at a cost of $5k minimum.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts