Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Anyone know where I can get a 2020 exhaust manifold? I checked with the dealer and the only way they sell it is combined with the turbo assembly and it's $2200

I just need the manifold itself. The 2020 has a slightly larger AR housing and I want it for my turbo upgrade project.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I wonder if you could find a shop and have the previous, (ours) years manifold extrude-honed for better flow? A little more volume and smooth out the inside of the casting, Doesn’t someone have a fabbed manifold? Evo?

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if you could find a shop and have the previous, (ours) years manifold extrude-honed for better flow? A little more volume and smooth out the inside of the casting, Doesn’t someone have a fabbed manifold? Evo?
That's a possibility! I'm more interested in the larger area of the AR housing though......

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
throw the tiny oem manifold in the trash
boondocker or Whalen have a manifold that you need
it makes the 20 look like a toy

Reactions: Fasrnu

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
throw the tiny oem manifold in the trash
boondocker or Whalen have a manifold that you need
it makes the 20 look like a toy
Know anyone running the full BD Trident exhaust? Looks pretty sweet but havent been able to find a good sound clip

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I like the sound of my trident

·
Registered
850 Posts
Does anyone know the HP gains of upgrading the Exhaust Manifold from a 2018 to 2020? I just bought the ws240x kit and they don't have the exhaust manifold for that kit.

I thought the same as above about just hooning and smoothing out the stock one. Just wondering if it is worth the time.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
if you look at the tiny slots that all the exhaust must flow thru you would understand why brp changed them
dont believe you can use a 20 manifold with the green wheel because the 20 housing is set up for the bigger 20 wheel

·
Vendor
X3 Max RS
652 Posts
Call Whalen. You’re looking for WS250RR Kit. The only difference between the WS250RR and the WS240 is the manifold. Both use the same FP Green turbo.

Roughly a 30 whp gain if you believe their dyno.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Does anyone know the HP gains of upgrading the Exhaust Manifold from a 2018 to 2020? I just bought the ws240x kit and they don't have the exhaust manifold for that kit.

I thought the same as above about just hooning and smoothing out the stock one. Just wondering if it is worth the time.
Not sure about the turbine housing/manifold by itself but Evo got 12hp on a 2019 stage 4WRI car without additional tuning. I looked for a later video to see if they tuned more power into it but could not find one.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts