Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Can Am XRC RR
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I'm new to the forum and just purchased a 2020 XRC about two months ago. I had a RZR xp1000 sold it and bought the can am. So far we've ridden it twice and have about eighty miles on it. Here is my issue other than the doors squeaking which is a easy fix. I've adjusted the suspension to the fox and another setting I found on the web. My thing is when we're driving under 30 mph I feel like my kidneys are going to come out. the whole car moves around like it's a little stiff but anything over that it feels great. Last weekend I drove a friends new xp pro 1000 and it felt like a night to day difference. By any chance would anyone know the adjustments I might have to do to fix this? thanks

·
Premium Member
2020 Mav Sport xrc
60 Posts
Where do you have the "Three Position" shocks set at?

·
Premium Member
2020 Mav Sport xrc
60 Posts
Hello Dicky,

Right now I still have it at the fox settings which are.....
LSC 3 turns
HSC 4 turns
Rebound is 20 clicks
Hello Dicky,

Right now I still have it at the fox settings which are.....
LSC 3 turns
HSC 4 turns
Rebound is 20 clicks
Robert, I'm sorry, I saw your vehicle description and thought it was a Sport model XRC not an X3. I can not
help you. LOL

·
Registered
208 Posts
Lets not forget about tire pressure. In Michigan sandy trails I run about 10psi.

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
71 Posts
The X3 will always seem a little rough on successive potholes etc at moderate speeds in my opinion. It kind of goes against what you would expect, but the faster you go the smoother the ride will get in those conditions. The machine is made to GO! Although that is not always practical or possible obviously.

The lack of padding in X3 seats does not help either.

I would try easing up on the rebound adjustment and give that a try.

Also, try moving your crossover rings up a bit more so you use more travel in those smaller top springs. That will help a bit on chattery washboard surfaces and potholes etc that bounce your balls off the seat like a basketball.

Play with you compression a bit too and back the adjustment off. You will know you've gone too far when the machine handles like trash.

Having said that, the X3 will always seem a little rough in comparison to most other machines in certain conditions at lower speeds.

·
Premium Member
6,945 Posts
For whatever reason Can Am seems to have the valving stiff in the small chop on the 74 inch car. (XRS AND XRC SPECIFICALLY)

Even before it was released a few if us here drove it and that was the biggest concern we had.

The suggestions to Lower tire pressure and start with the adjusters all the way out are about all you can do other than the obvious ST or Tommy Morris doing the full treatment with new reworked bypass tubes.

Tim

·
Registered
2020 Can Am XRC RR
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The X3 will always seem a little rough on successive potholes etc at moderate speeds in my opinion. It kind of goes against what you would expect, but the faster you go the smoother the ride will get in those conditions. The machine is made to GO! Although that is not always practical or possible obviously.

The lack of padding in X3 seats does not help either.

I would try easing up on the rebound adjustment and give that a try.

Also, try moving your crossover rings up a bit more so you use more travel in those smaller top springs. That will help a bit on chattery washboard surfaces and potholes etc that bounce your balls off the seat like a basketball.

Play with you compression a bit too and back the adjustment off. You will know you've gone too far when the machine handles like trash.

Having said that, the X3 will always seem a little rough in comparison to most other machines in certain conditions at lower speeds.
Next time we go to River Ranch i'm going to try to adjust them better. This is only my complaint from this bike. Thanks SideX

·
Registered
2020 Can Am XRC RR
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For whatever reason Can Am seems to have the valving stiff in the small chop on the 74 inch car. (XRS AND XRC SPECIFICALLY)

Even before it was released a few if us here drove it and that was the biggest concern we had.

The suggestions to Lower tire pressure and start with the adjusters all the way out are about all you can do other than the obvious ST or Tommy Morris doing the full treatment with new reworked bypass tubes.

Tim
Thanks Tmesic

·
Registered
342 Posts
Open both compressions and slow the rebound. Adjust crossovers to stay on both springs longer and take as much air out of the tires as your riding style will allow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts