Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

I have 2020 X3 RR Max with Evo Power Dynomite 310 Turbo kit. Check and recheck everything but still have not been able to resolve this issue. I am only getting about 15psi of boost when all connected as it should be, even if waistgate is set up higher than the 10psi crank Evo advise on instructions. Have check and even replace both of the sensors that come on the kit with other set of sensors, all hoses , boost solenoid also replaced, I have done a leak test and nothing.

The only way I have been able to have 20+ psi of boost if by using a manual boost controller. This is the only way i was able to see even 30+ psi of boost but of course we control it at around 25. I have measure with both a autometer gauge as well as with the maptuner and am getting similar boost measurement. I plan on taking to dyno today and see what we are getting. I have been talking with Evo and following their recommendation but this seems very strange to them and we have not been able to resolve.

I would really like to Get car to control boost by itself as it should be. Any one have experience similar situation recently.

Also what are you guys using for clutching with a kit like this and a heavy car with accessories

attach video show boost with no boost solenoid , just the manual boost controller valve.
thanks 馃殫 178346730_573265206931549_3493821119382097825_n.jpg

?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you replace the OEM boost controller?
Yess , replaced with new one and also try another from a working car.

strange thing is when i try other boost and manifold sensors from another working car with same kit , this car wont start. Even trying brand new sensors .

Premium Member
Sounds like it might be a wiring problem. Check wires that go to that controller. Maybe when swapping controllers the wiring gets fiddled with and works half ass sometimes and not at all others.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like it might be a wiring problem. Check wires that go to that controller. Maybe when swapping controllers the wiring gets fiddled with and works half ass sometimes and not at all others.
We did and all is good, we check voltage , clean solenoid plug and everything we could think that could be doing bad contact.

Registered
sounds like your using the wrong/different sensors
all sensors look the same but are very different and do not interchange
look at the numbers they must match

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pressure test the system, theres a few diy videos out there

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk
We did that also.

whats else you guys think could be happening, without using the solenoid , i do get 25+ of boost, so dont think theres leaks. Before i had a leak and i could not make anymore than 15psi.

Registered
you probably have too much air volume going to the controller/solenoid
the controller must bleed off the air flow to raise the boost
and with out a restrictor its just too much flow

Registered
Dumb question but you have the right fuel in and the correct tune for the fuel?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts