Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Choices.. do I purchase a 2019 X3 MAX X RS Turbo R or the 2020? The only difference looks like the 2020 roof is an additional charge and the rims are blk.. same 172 hp.. what's your take?. the price now is close as dealers want to get rid of 2019s.. as you jump to the RR it's more $$$$$$.

·
Premium Member
9,256 Posts
I think your horsepower numbers are off by 23? I thought all the '20s have 195.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok.. so I am a newbie.. l am referring to the 4 seater turbo R..(not base, not DS, not RR) 2019 vs 2020.. i would love the 4 seater Turbo RR but it's like 6k more

·
Premium Member
9,256 Posts
Ok.. so I am a newbie.. l am referring to the 4 seater turbo R..(not base, not DS, not RR) 2019 vs 2020.. i would love the 4 seater Turbo RR but it's like 6k more
I'm not giving you a hard time, that's not my style. Forget about the $6K. It's only money, you can't take it with you. You can never have enough horsepower, especially if you're riding with buddy's that have more. You won't be happy getting beat.

But the bottom line as always is budget, and only you can answer what you want to spend. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,678 Posts
If your worried about $$$, might want to reevaluate this "hobby". The $30K check you write for the car is just the start. Not uncommon to drop another $20K at the car the 1st year.
Not at all trying to talk you out of it, just hoping your budget will allow you to get the most out of this adventure without having to go into debt.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm going to weigh in on the other side, I don't have more money then I know what to do with but I do have enough to enjoy this awesome sport.
for 90% of the riding I do the extra hp will never be used
i got a great deal on a new leftover 16 turbo when the x3 came out. Although I would like to have a x3 I seriously doubt I will have twice as much fun in it as I do mine cause it will cost almost twice as much

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Well, you said XRS, so that's what I'm basing my response on. Why wouldn't you want more horsepower?
The 2020 xrs r has the qs3 shocks and no smart lock. Only smart lock is in rr. 2019 is best bang for your buck imo. If hp is a worry a simple flash will get you to 195hp with a stage 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
There is NO reason anyone has to have more horsepower and NO reason you HAVE to drop a dime more after you buy it.

While I am just starting to look at the 2020 benefits its seems there is more than just the RR extra H.P. when you go with 2020 and better is always better.

If you have a limited budget then get what you feel comfortable with. All the guys who say you're just stating to to drop money are free to spend extra, just because they put money in the car or bought the top of the line doesnt mean you need to.

The cars are not perfect and there is much room for improvement, but, the car will run and perform fine for a casual rider.

If you decide this is for you then upgrade to something or upgrade the car you buy.

I see cars for sale with 400 miles on them, we can do that in 2 or 3 rides. It's not for everyone.

Most if not ALL of us have a budget, I'd we didnt we likley wouldn't be driving these things and we have a brand new Racer or Geiser truck.

Spend within your limits of what you feel comfortable with.

Good luck with your decision no matter which car I hope you enjoy it.

Tim

·
Premium Member
9,256 Posts
There is NO reason anyone has to have more horsepower and NO reason you HAVE to drop a dime more after you buy it.

While I am just starting to look at the 2020 benefits its seems there is more than just the RR extra H.P. when you go with 2020 and better is always better.

If you have a limited budget then get what you feel comfortable with. All the guys who say you're just stating to to drop money are free to spend extra, just because they put money in the car or bought the top of the line doesnt mean you need to.

The cars are not perfect and there is much room for improvement, but, the car will run and perform fine for a casual rider.

If you decide this is for you then upgrade to something or upgrade the car you buy.

I see cars for sale with 400 miles on them, we can do that in 2 or 3 rides. It's not for everyone.

Most if not ALL of us have a budget, I'd we didnt we likley wouldn't be driving these things and we have a brand new Racer or Geiser truck.

Spend within your limits of what you feel comfortable with.

Good luck with your decision no matter which car I hope you enjoy it.

Tim
Well said, Tim!!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Where will you be riding? If you are a sand guy then power is king. If not then you will most likely rarely use all the power of the 19. I race XC in an OG turbo and probably see WOT 10% of my time and I win races.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The 2020 xrs r has the qs3 shocks and no smart lock. Only smart lock is in rr. 2019 is best bang for your buck imo. If hp is a worry a simple flash will get you to 195hp with a stage 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with this comment, the 19 is the best bang for the buck at this point. unless you absolutely want 195hp, you might as well get the 19. the smartlok and the better shocks in 172hp are worth getting the 19 over the 20 R model. im betting that unless you have 3 other adults who all want to hit it hard, you wont be going out of eco mode too often with a max. heck i dont go out of eco mode that often in my 2 seater riding tight trails in wi and michigan. the only time i do, is when i am by myself. i cant be running 50+ mph with my wife in the passenger seat and my dog in the cargo area of my x3. my wife would have a conniption if i got too crazy in it.

if you want more power for you, thats cool. i did, i wanted to rip when i do get the opportunity to run by myself. do i need more than 172hp, no. the big horns dont hook well enough to control that much hp anyway unless it is blacktop or wet heavy dirt.

I am 100% glad i have my 19 xds, it is a blast and it doesnt have the new gauge on it. I am most happy about that.

steve

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
X3 on the 19 all in all you'll have a better car in the r class , suspension over hp will win every day 10/30 hp is cheap compared to a set of good shocks + the smart lock is something I wouldn't want to miss out on ,
I went in to buy a turbo S
( popo) and they had the no sale from popo so I couldn't buy 1 they tell me You'll get a great deal on the 18’s as were making room for the 19’s. , told them I just couldn't handle that viscrapo they have, then their like we have a smart lock we’ll give you a great deal on it was something I couldn't pass up and couldn't be happier Im an xpat popo guy and I dont think they could do anything to get me back. Enjoy the new ride hurry before their gone

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Can anyone tell me why they went back to different front and rear tire sizes on there 72" four seaters? was just in looking yesterday and saw that downgrade from the 17,18,19 models.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts