Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone planning on attending and can post pics? Hope the move to AZ for the show is not permanent as it is a fun event and bummed I can not attend even though I have been offered room and board to come out. Mostly interested in what that new SXS Speed is all about cause in videos, it will be bad ass and force all others to step it up. If your going toss a few beers down for me and post some pics!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Anyone planning on attending and can post pics? Hope the move to AZ for the show is not permanent as it is a fun event and bummed I can not attend even though I have been offered room and board to come out. Mostly interested in what that new SXS Speed is all about cause in videos, it will be bad ass and force all others to step it up. If your going toss a few beers down for me and post some pics!
In your "SXS Speed" comment, did you mean Robbie Gordon's company?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In your "SXS Speed" comment, did you mean Robbie Gordon's company?
Yup, been following him since helped develop the Textron XX which was 1/3 of what Robby wanted. i feel the XX would have been a huge hit had it been introduced as a turbo. Initially it was hard to believe RG hype of Speed UTV when watching the vids but now with a running product racing the UTV World Championships there in Parker AZ it will be a huge hit or a miss depending how he does. THere is a youtube vid of their motor on dyno for a full 5 minute torture test and I was impressed.

Anyhow not that this is a Speed promotion so back to topic but I cant believe all those vendors still showing up and now wonder how they are going to keep folks safe. Wish I could be there regardless.

·
Registered
9,422 Posts
Reactions: Tmesic

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
He should release it on Halloween and call it the ghost.
Stop being mean to King Robbie!

He has magical elves working day and night to make his wet dream cum true.

Stop all the negativity it has a bad effect on all the magic happening.

Why just last week I heard he had the engine dynoed and it put out 3 million Unicorn power ....to the tires!

No other SXS can even come close.

The new 2032 Sped sxs I mean speed SXS will be the bestest most best in the whole wide universe!

It will be so cool that I heard even ancient alien astronauts have been caught trying to steal King Robbies Unicorn powered engine for their new space craft!

Long Live King Robbie!

Tim

·
Registered
307 Posts
Regarding the failure or success of the Speed SxS (and I'm hoping for success for Robbie who I like a lot), personally I hope that a new company (probably foreign) would enter the market and FINALLY create a SxS with a bigger engine and beefier frame. I've read all the replies that say that's never gonna happen, but that's what I wish for, to break the 1000cc barrier and go into unchartered territory.

·
Registered
9,422 Posts
Regarding the failure or success of the Speed SxS (and I'm hoping for success for Robbie who I like a lot), personally I hope that a new company (probably foreign) would enter the market and FINALLY create a SxS with a bigger engine and beefier frame. I've read all the replies that say that's never gonna happen, but that's what I wish for, to break the 1000cc barrier and go into unchartered territory.
With the use of a turbo there really is not need at this point to break the 1000cc barrier. The Can Am X3 motor still has a ways to go to reach 999cc and the Polaris turbo motor is not 999cc. Both are making great hp at their current size. A tune on 91 octane can get you to 200 or more hp.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts

Apparently you've never met him....

It's unfathomable to me that you can fit so much arrogance in such a short body...

Just saying...

Tim

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
I believe the speed motor is a 999cc where canam is a 900 and I think the Polaris is like a 925

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
Apparently you've never met him....

It's unfathomable to me that you can fit so much arrogance in such a short body...

Just saying...

Tim
As we all know some of our greatest athletes have their attitudes that possibly come from achieving what others cannot. I respect Robbie's work in Indy, Nascar and the Baja 1000. If he's arrogant in person, I wouldn't be surprised. My #1 sport as a fan is the UFC, and the personalities some of those guys have are not that nice and normal. But us fans understand that it's all part of the sport, and we like them.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
The new infomercial is teaser trailer is here! Tim

Attachments

Reactions: mgrotel

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
As we all know some of our greatest athletes have their attitudes that possibly come from achieving what others cannot. I respect Robbie's work in Indy, Nascar and the Baja 1000. If he's arrogant in person, I wouldn't be surprised. My #1 sport as a fan is the UFC, and the personalities some of those guys have are not that nice and normal. But us fans understand that it's all part of the sport, and we like them.
I guess I and others set the bar higher for people we admire.

Character matters. Tim

Reactions: 1HasBeen

·
Registered
208 Posts
What Tim said! I get some showboating and arrogance esp. in the MMA or any sport spotlight, but if you've ever dealt with his royal Robbie in person, sans spotlight, you'd probably change your tune. #1 A$$hat in off-road, so I guess he can be the champ there... I wish him the best flushing more cash down his failed SXS venture!

Oh look...Sand Show!!

Tom

·
Premium Member
7,588 Posts
I took 5 seconds to watch a video. Exactly how NOT to mount an O2 sensor. Close to tailpipe and facing up. 🤦‍♂️ Makes you wonder how many other things are done wrong. Back to completely ignoring it.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts