Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,562 Posts
The Pro XP was spotted 2 seasons ago in Glamis. There is not a lack of testing.

There is a lack of quality control with the vendors used that make the parts. That goes for Can Am too. My front diff went bye bye this weekend = not a happy camper as I take my X3 to the dealer again!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
make sure you have a maintenance log on fluid changes. I just went through this on my front dif when it exploded and warranty did cover it, but get your paperwork in order

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
make sure you have a maintenance log on fluid changes. I just went through this on my front dif when it exploded and warranty did cover it, but get your paperwork in order
Thanks for the heads up. My ring gear bolts backed out. I have a bolt sticking through the case.

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
IDK, if it's as strong as PoPos. Me, I'll buy the best car available at the time.
It is pretty strong. I am with you I will get what I think is the best available model when I purchase.

Unfortunately my X3 has been to the dealer way more then my Polaris saw the dealer. The person that bought my XP1000 was with us this weekend. It now has over 6700 miles on it and keeps going. Lol

Reactions: Hollywood X3

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Sign for what and what blind loyalty? My post was for info on a new rig and something Polaris friends may need to know. I think you can understand why your post is greasy. Credit score comment, enough credit.... dude, no need to punk that shit. We all ride together unless you wear leather and ride a Honda then I'll punk ya
So it’s cool to “punk” someone who rides a Honda over a Harley ? That makes sense.

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
You must have been on a Sunday drive, I was doing 50 when I smelled the gear oil. Same exact failure
View attachment 248844
Dunes from China Wall back to the washes were we were camping are not haul ass dunes unless you want to die. Technical stuff with no real flow.

·
Premium Member
10,019 Posts
Dunes from China Wall back to the washes were we were camping are not haul ass dunes unless you want to die. Technical stuff with no real flow.

Amen brother! Man, if there was some nice flowing stuff out that way!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
We have been on our regular ride every day. Got back from Mammoth Wash last week and our wandering through local washes and canal blow outs. RZR Pro Fox shocks spring collar has worn through the threads. Called Coyne and they are also trying to keep it quiet. Only another 150 miles and its getting another set of Fox shocks ordered for it again.

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
We have been on our regular ride every day. Got back from Mammoth Wash last week and our wandering through local washes and canal blow outs. RZR Pro Fox shocks spring collar has worn through the threads. Called Coyne and they are also trying to keep it quiet. Only another 150 miles and its getting another set of Fox shocks ordered for it again.
What is going on that is killing the shock bodies?

·
Registered
126 Posts
My buddy bought a RZR pro from Camp RZR. Polaris put a hold on the sale. They required the steering column, front springs, shocks, steering wheel and some throttle assembly parts to be replaced before it was released for sale. Probably future recalls coming for other owners. He just took delivery today and the local dealer picked up my 2020 XRS for service and the issues I posted on our other thread for XRS
It probably got abused on the Demo rides. I bought a 2017 Turbo Fox Edition Demo w/ 12 Hours that looked brand friggen new. I found out after the purchase that it has sucked sand past the filter (Polaris had the Dealer do a leak down test and found compression on the low end of the acceptable limits). I also found the red plug they use to cover the intakes for shipping had not been removed and was sucked down the duct before the filter. Three seperate trips to the dealership for transmission leaks. No more demo units for me. Glad Polaris is taking care of your buddy.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
I don't think Hollywood's remarks were offensive, just a perspective. Keep posting your thoughts friend.
I had an RZR and went to buy a new one because last time I had researched (2015/16) RZR's had the edge over Can Am for sport SxS. went to a dealership and saw the new X3's.
One of my biggest complaints with polaris was the front wheel feeling like it was in my lap.
Keeping my left leg bent while riding was not fun and always touching shoulders with whoever's was sitting next to me, felt like sardines in a can.
Yet I did not even want to think about tearing a mid engine car down on the trail to change a belt or deal with the heat in AZ from a motor sitting in the middle of a car.
When I saw Can Am's rear mounted engen, leg room and a wider cab I wanted it to be good.
I went home did hours of research looking at sites I trusted to give overall side by side comparisons of the RZR and X3.
Convinced Can Am had now gained the advantage over polaris (now confirmed) I pulled the trigger.

Each time I have people who are camping with us that ride in a RZR and go for a ride in my X3 (X3 XRS Max) with stock shocks the first thing they say is wow this thing is so smooth and the second is holly crap its fast! (Running stage 2 tune).
When and if Polaris comes out with a car that is significantly better and I am buying a car I would go with them. Not because they are polaris but that it would be the best value for my money.
However I would need to see a few years with good overall production and few if any recalls.
Say what you will, volume market leader..................yata yata yata, my friends with RZR's have more issues than my friends with X3's!
The list of friends with X3's just seems to keep growing while the RZR list keeps shrinking but I still have all the same friends.
Just look at the dunes and see how fare the pendulum has swung towards Can Am.
Novel finished.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
They replaced the shocks before he took delivery. Now on second set. Seems like Fox has a problemo. Sounds like it's happening on all of the RZR Pros. I do like his machine. It does ride and handle great and is fast right there with my X3.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
AC had a similar issue that turned out to be their Woolworth's springs deflecting and rubbing the shock body. Had to install a collar/guide on the shock body.
I really thought when AC came out with the long 4 seater they were on the right track. Just improve the quality and add serious HP.
Nope,, never happened. They looked so promising for a short while there.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Visited shock therapy yesterday at Glamis. They said get it replaced via warranty and bring it to us for a permanent fix...lol..

Told me to keep beating my X3 till it sags, adjust it to fox spec again then, come see them for springs and revaulve

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
My buddy's Pro xp is just back from getting new shocks and now the opposite side is rubbing the threads off the shock.. we are missing ride time from both my rig down and his down

21 - 40 of 40 Posts