Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I guess my 15.6 pounds of boost is "normal". Clocked the machine at 4.2 seconds 0-60 today which is pretty good. That's about as good as it gets in its current configuration I would say, and a bit quicker than I expected.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
there is a motion sensor some where on the car....
and it can cut rpms/power when enabled

·
Registered
118 Posts
Cascade wouldn’t the air be denser at sea level so for every turn of the turbo wheel would get more air vs say 3000’ above Sea level? It’s like the pump would have 14.7 psi at the inlet rather than say 13 psi at the inlet. I’m typically at 500-1000 ft above sea level. I could reload the stock tune and compare the numbers.

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
1,228 Posts
Cascade wouldn’t the air be denser at sea level so for every turn of the turbo wheel would get more air vs say 3000’ above Sea level? It’s like the pump would have 14.7 psi at the inlet rather than say 13 psi at the inlet. I’m typically at 500-1000 ft above sea level. I could reload the stock tune and compare the numbers.
The X3 doesn't display the absolute pressure as boost. What you're seeing is a calculation of Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) minus the indicated barometric pressure. Since barometric pressure is higher at sea level you will have lower calculated boost pressure displayed by the X3 computer at sea level and higher calculated boost pressure at altitude. Also, barometric pressure naturally fluctuates so your boost pressure is going to change day to day, lower on sunny days and higher on cloudy days. The fluctuations should be relatively low but could add up at lower elevations. Also, once you get over 24PSI (I think), the computer no longer accurately displays calculated boost.

The OEM intake has provisions for accessory boost pressure references; they are most commonly used for BOV's but aftermarket charge tubes have a provision too. You can setup the PV3 to display MAP, waste gate duty cycle, etc.

Here is a good video that AA did explaining all of the display gages in the PV3 and why you'd want to set them up in specific ways.

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Just some for fun info...

When the car was totally stock I just ran the mildest canned Dyno Jet tune. Woke the car up a bit for sure. Got like 15.6 lbs boost like I said. Here's that tune explanation...

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Personal luxury car

Handwriting Font Rectangle Circle Smile

Since then, I installed a cat delete pipe, MBRP Powertech exhaust, Dyno Jet boost tubes and BOV. But just today finally flashed in the hottest Dyno Jet tune that comes preloaded in the PV3. That pushed me up to 19.9 psi in today's conditions. Here's the explanation of that tune...

Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

Rectangle Organism Handwriting Font Circle

Made for HMF exhaust, but I figure close enough lol.

Anyways, that definitely put the car up another level. Does not feel slow between trees and rock cuts on forest roads and trails lol.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts