Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just installed on a 2020 RR 195hp the Whalen 220hp tune and the kwi clutch weights and spring for the primary also new secondary helix spring and rollers. Clocked it to the number 4 hole as per all the instructions. The boost is stock 18 psi now it’s 24 when you hammer it.
The gas pedal was two feet long before now it’s three feet long. Absolutely pleased the power is amazing. The parameters displayed on the PV3 are very informative. I’m
Not sure how many tunes it can hold but I just did a friends 850 xmr. His tune can from dyno jet. I purchased the Whalen and kwi based on discussions here.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just installed the Whalen 220 hp tune and KWI clutch kit springs weights new helix and rollers on secondary. I have a 2020 RR 195hp xds. The gas pedal is now three feet long was two feet. The boost was 18 now it’s 24. Tje engine and after cooler temperatures are 20F lower torque and speed limiters gone had it up to 100mph on asphalt. I’m not sure where it will top out at. The power level is very noticeable. It pulls really hard out of the hole. It was no slouch at stock. It’s impressive. It’s good bye turbo RZR in trail active mode on the trails. The dyno jet with the configurable gauges will make trouble shooting easier. I made the purchase based on what I learned here thank you all. If anyone above is close to Truro Nova Scotia come take er for a rip.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
24 could be a problem, because 24psi is not a pump gas tune

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I just installed on a 2020 RR 195hp the Whalen 220hp tune and the kwi clutch weights and spring for the primary also new secondary helix spring and rollers. Clocked it to the number 4 hole as per all the instructions. The boost is stock 18 psi now it’s 24 when you hammer it.
The gas pedal was two feet long before now it’s three feet long. Absolutely pleased the power is amazing. The parameters displayed on the PV3 are very informative. I’m
Not sure how many tunes it can hold but I just did a friends 850 xmr. His tune can from dyno jet. I purchased the Whalen and kwi based on discussions here.
How do you know it was 18 psi stock? Did you change the stock tune to a .djt file so you could see the telemetry on the PV3?

·
Registered
118 Posts
The PV3 shows the parameters. 21.5 could be correct I’ll wot next time out and see what the PV3 says. I thought the required boost was 23 when I hammered it. You guys are typically right on.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The PV3 shows the parameters. 21.5 could be correct I’ll wot next time out and see what the PV3 says. I thought the required boost was 23 when I hammered it. You guys are typically right on.
I know the PV3 shows the telemetry. But it will not show it with the .stk tune. So was just wondering how you knew it was 18 psi on the stock tune...

·
Registered
118 Posts
The PV3 shows the boost at 18 until you hammer it. I’ve also heard that’s it’s not uncommon to have stock horsepower engines to have differences because of builds and tolerances.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Cool. Thanks man.

I will try the stock tune again like @skidoochris said. And will likely try a Whalen tune as well soon when I get my ass in gear. Probably ask Whalen what I should expect stock as well. I'm not at any crazy altitude where I am.

The car isn't slow but feels like it maybe should have a little more power maybe. But that's likely the clutch I suspect.
I ordered a Whalen tune about a week ago, still waiting for it to ship. Will let ya know how it is.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I ordered a Whalen tune about a week ago, still waiting for it to ship. Will let ya know how it is.
I'm sure you will notice lol. I will buy it for sure, already have the PV3 so nothing needs shipping. But I well let you go first haha.

My carrier bearing is smoked at 8900 km, I'm down for a few days.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'm sure you will notice lol. I will buy it for sure, already have the PV3 so nothing needs shipping. But I well let you go first haha.

Shitty. I just finished installing shock therapy springs and 32" KM3's today, and noticed the shock bushings have a ton of play. Spring project.

·
Registered
118 Posts

I took the carrier apart on an another Maverick I owned. Cut the tack welds apart took the bearing out of its clam shell and replaced it NSK bearing. Then reassembled it the. Tacked the housing back together was easy.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts