Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm no turbo expert by any means, my last turbo was a 1984 Chrysler New Yorker lol. But about time I get into it a little deeper here.

Anyways, I've never really ran with my PV3 on the dash. This past weekend I ran with it displaying telemetry and noticed with the hammer down 100% my peak boost was 15 psi. And would only blip into 15 psi for a split second. Held around 14+ psi at WOT.

I'm running the mildest canned tune on the PV3 which is a stock boost tune. Never got around to getting a vacuum gauge or played with crack pressure and other canned tunes yet.

Should my boost not be at like 18 psi on a stock 2020 RR? I don't think there are any boost leaks.

Just my crack pressure needs to be adjusted? Normal? Or???

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
engine and iat temps make a big difference in max boost
also need good fuel

Reactions: SideXEach

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
engine and iat temps make a big difference in max boost
also need good fuel
The temp that day was just above freezing, like 35-40° F. So pretty chilly.

Fuel was about a month old. Machine sat for a few weeks while the shocks were getting done.

If that helps...

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
you can log the stock tune
copy the stock tune and then re-name it to .djt
then flash it
it will be exactly as stock

your generic tune may not be a rr tune

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you can log the stock tune
copy the stock tune and then re-name it to .djt
then flash it
it will be exactly as stock
As in I can not log the stock tune currently because it is not .djt? I know I can't get telemetry off the stock tune, so I'm assuming you are saying copy it into a format that I can get telemetry from the stock tune?

I'm not sure why you're saying I should do that? What is my goal here? Then what?

Very green and new to these subjects like I said.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
load the stock rr tune to see what it has for max boost. then you will know if the tune is the problem or something else

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
load the stock rr tune to see what it has for max boost. then you will know if the tune is the problem or something else
Ok thanks man I will try that.

Copy tune and change file type so that it will give telemetry/logging ability correct? As in stock tune can not in its current file type?

Just to be clear sorry lol... You're knowledge is 1000 times what mine is. So you probably take a lot of this for granted...

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
you will have the stock tune on the pv3
the pv3 requires the stock tune to work
yes just re- name the .stk to .djt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts