Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my SXS ( 2020 Maverick X3 XDS Max Turbo RR) clutch wont engage until 2500-2700 RPM, what would be causing this?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
has it ever been lower?

·
Registered
2020 X3 X RS RR
209 Posts
I just purchased it and was told by a can am tech that normal rpm is 1650 plus or minus 100, and I’m getting 2500-2700 so I didnt Know if that’s normal or not
My 2020 XRS engages around 2100-2200 or so. No way 1650 is right. They idle at 1500 or so.
If a previous owner changed the primary engagement spring, that will change things.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 2020 XRS engages around 2100-2200 or so. No way 1650 is right. They idle at 1500 or so.
If a previous owner changed the primary engagement spring, that will change things.
well thanks for the input. I’m not super familiar with anything about it. Another question I have is when I take off the rear end clicks and clanks a lot. Is this normal? The rear end is locked

·
Registered
2020 X3 X RS RR
209 Posts
well thanks for the input. I’m not super familiar with anything about it. Another question I have is when I take off the rear end clicks and clanks a lot. Is this normal? The rear end is locked
Def normal for many reasons and nothing to worry about. Lots of things clank, clunk or whine. These CVT drives will drive you nuts if you spend any time at all at 4500-5500 rpm. Totally normal as well even though you will think it is defective.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Def normal for many reasons and nothing to worry about. Lots of things clank, clunk or whine. These CVT drives will drive you nuts if you spend any time at all at 4500-5500 rpm. Totally normal as well even though you will think it is defective.
perfect. Last question I have. When I put the machine into reverse and let off the brake it starts to go backwards without hitting the gas.

·
Registered
2020 X3 X RS RR
209 Posts
perfect. Last question I have. When I put the machine into reverse and let off the brake it starts to go backwards without hitting the gas.
You need to open your clutch housing and get familiar with your car. Forward engagement at 2500+ and reverse moving at idle, you have maintenance issues at least. Did you buy this new? How many hours or miles on it? What is your idle speed?
Maybe a cleaning and new belt is all that is needed.
Buy the online manual and get intimate with that bitch....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You need to open your clutch housing and get familiar with your car. Forward engagement at 2500+ and reverse moving at idle, you have maintenance issues at least. Did you buy this new? How many hours or miles on it? What is your idle speed?
Maybe a cleaning and new belt is all that is needed.
Buy the online manual and get intimate with that bitch....
i did not buy it new. There’s 500 miles on it, I’ll check my idle speed and I have the manual and that thing has been a life saver so far!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts