Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this normal? just purchased 2 weeks ago and I found some oil near the transmission and some coolant drops on a few places.

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
Nope , that my friend is alot of warranty work that needs to be addressed by dealer asap

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 MAX XRS TURBO RR
273 Posts
Whatever you do, don't tell them you kept driving like this. Tell them you noticed it and shut it off right away and got towed back or something. If you say something like you noticed it and then drove it back to camp or back home or wherever then they might start blaming stuff on you. Also if you have aftermarket wheels/tires put your OEM tires back on. I've ready many times where people swap from OEM 30s to 32s and dealer tries blaming it on the oversized tires.

·
Registered
21 Posts
both to leak at the same time is too much of a coincidence ..your car probably leaked from 1st day and you just seen it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
copy that, going to take it to Bert’s on Tuesday. Thanks everyone!

both to leak at the same time is too much of a coincidence ..your car probably leaked from 1st day and you just seen it

Only has 3 miles, I haven’t had a chance to take it out yet on any trails yet, mostly driving around my neighborhood. Its my first side by side and I’m kind of bummed out this is happening. :(

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 ds turbo r
113 Posts
Funny when you have quality control issues brp care won’t post up. But if you post “my buggy tipped over” instant response wanting your contact info and vin number.

Every coolant hose clamp leaked on mine when I got it. Had to tighten everything the first weekend I had it before I even got to drive it.

Found all sorts of loose screws on mine. A lot of my plastic body screws were only half way in because they were cross threaded and torqued to spec. Lol.

Don’t be discouraged man. Seems like most have a couple quirks on delivery. Mines been solid except for those issues which were quick fixes and gave me a reason to actually look all around the machine.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I bought one of the first XRS max models when they arrived in so cal in early 2017, serial number I think 52. I think they made sure the first batches were put together right, never had much of an issue with it, build wise. But don't be discouraged, like others have said, let the dealer take care of the leaks, and build/ modify from there. These X3's are too much dam fun off road....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny when you have quality control issues brp care won’t post up. But if you post “my buggy tipped over” instant response wanting your contact info and vin number.

Every coolant hose clamp leaked on mine when I got it. Had to tighten everything the first weekend I had it before I even got to drive it.

Found all sorts of loose screws on mine. A lot of my plastic body screws were only half way in because they were cross threaded and torqued to spec. Lol.

Don’t be discouraged man. Seems like most have a couple quirks on delivery. Mines been solid except for those issues which were quick fixes and gave me a reason to actually look all around the machine.
Bert’s told me their turn around time is about 2 weeks WTF, and supposedly they tripled check everything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought one of the first XRS max models when they arrived in so cal in early 2017, serial number I think 52. I think they made sure the first batches were put together right, never had much of an issue with it, build wise. But don't be discouraged, like others have said, let the dealer take care of the leaks, and build/ modify from there. These X3's are too much dam fun off road....
thanks for the words, they are definitely fun and fast in the short time I drove around my neighborhood. Just sucks that they said it will be 2 weeks till I get it back.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Mine had a bad o ring in the 4wd actuator when I bought it, the o ring was 7 bucks and took about 30 minutes to fix, my dealer is 20 minutes each way and wanted to keep it for a week. I would look for the leaks myself first

·
Registered
820 Posts
I also bought mine from Berts, mother in law rode in mine and bought her an 2018 model max when they came out a few months later. Yay, I get to setup 2 buggies by default....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts