Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is your a 1 piece or 2 ??--the ad shows 1 piece but i sent a message and it is 2 !!!!!!They up dated there ad !!!

·
Registered
740 Posts
As mentioned in your windshield question thread, I'm using Can-Am's "half" vs full coverage windshield. My MavT already had a Can-Am plastic Sport Roof installed when I bought it which I never liked. Replaced that with Can-Am by Dragonfire aluminum roof last Fall and I like that so much better. Why? The plastic Sport Roof tends to warp over time at the leading edge, has an injection molded feature inside under that front edge for an optional switch console with recessed pockets nearly impossible to clean and most of all, has that truncated leading edge whereas the Dragonfire has a bent flange with rain gutter which works both as a sunshade while helping keep rain water from dripping down onto the dash. Not compatible with most full coverage windshields though.

·
Official Site Vendor
7,003 Posts
As mentioned in your windshield question thread, I'm using Can-Am's "half" vs full coverage windshield. My MavT already had a Can-Am plastic Sport Roof installed when I bought it which I never liked. Replaced that with Can-Am by Dragonfire aluminum roof last Fall and I like that so much better. Why? The plastic Sport Roof tends to warp over time at the leading edge, has an injection molded feature inside under that front edge for an optional switch console with recessed pockets nearly impossible to clean and most of all, has that truncated leading edge whereas the Dragonfire has a bent flange with rain gutter which works both as a sunshade while helping keep rain water from dripping down onto the dash. Not compatible with most full coverage windshields though.
What is the Dragonfire part number for that roof?

·
Registered
740 Posts
^^^ Not a Dragonfire part number, since all recent Can-Am specific products (perhaps designed even if not produced by them) are marketed as Can-Am by Dragonfire. The specific roof I purchased is this one:
DragonFire Aluminum Roof P/N 715004458

·
Registered
740 Posts
Since on BRP's Can-Am accessories website with associated Can-Am part number, it's a Can-Am vs Dragonfire (or other manufacturer) item. These roofs (nor rock sliders or similar items) aren't available directly from Dragonfire.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts