Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought new shoes for my sport xmr. i am not a mudder (wanted the xmr for a couple other reasons and kind of dig the black and neon green) and didn't like the way the cryptids ride. got 30x10x14 tusk terrabites and STI HD3 wheels from RMATV. i have ordered lots of stuff from them with great success. got my tires in yesterday and they sent the wrong lug nuts!!!!! i hate it when my nuts don't work. :furious: its killing me seeing these sitting the garage and not on the machine. i did pull off one wheel and lay the new one on just to see. will post some more pics once i get them all on the machine.

lugs nuts should be here today or tomorrow along with my half windshield and some cheap side mirrors for now. back in my quad days, i use to see some of the atvs with mirrors. then as the sxs started becoming more and more popular i would see them with mirrors. thought it was kind of stupid having them for trail riding. one ride in the maverick and the mirrors were the third thing i ordered.

on a side note, while i was doing this i was crawling all over the machine giving it a good once over. got a little over 150 miles on her, going to do first service this weekend. i keep reading about this great "riv nut install". never really paid much attention to it until i was under my machine. now i understand. why in the world would you do something like that???????? guess i am on the list to do this as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
got the correct lug nuts in yesterday and got the tires on. i really like the looks of them and the rims. by the time i got home, got the tires on, ate, did a couple other had-to-do's, got the garage cleaned up it was getting dark and i was beat. it has FINALLY started cooling off here in the evenings and last night was really nice. SOOOOO wanted to run her down the road, but wanted nice clean pictures first. obviously just riding around the yard at low speed they ride much better than the cryptids did. can't wait to get her out tonight for some throttle therapy!
20190912_185141.jpg 20190912_185200.jpg

·
Registered
79 Posts
Good choice.. mud tires ride harsh, those should be way better. XMR is a good value to get snorkels for sure, I'd have them just for deep river crossings

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
How do you like the offset of the tires? Are they greater than stock?

I am looking at the same wheels and tires for a Maverick Sport XRC that I just bought.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would think 2” wider with 5+2 offset.
66” in front / 64” rear
now that you mention it, i need to measure it and see. it seemed to fit about the same in the trailer after i put the new wheels on it. the trailer is an enclosed 7x16, very tight fit, so if it added to the width i think i would have noticed. what was more fun is the door on the trailer is 6' and the xmr is 6'2". i originally thought letting the air out of the rear tires would do it, but those cyrptids are STIFF! i let all the air out (short of pulling the core) and it didn't drop a bit. there were like run flats. i put a stinger in the receiver and stood on it as the wife drove it in. proves every little inch counts!

going trailer shopping this weekend.

this is so true it isn't even funny.
true.jpg

·
Registered
74 Posts
Curious at what it measures out to. I went from stock wheels and 30” liberties to 5+2 wheels and 32” carnivores. Gained 2” in width on my xrc.

·
Registered
261 Posts
most stock wheels do measure 6-1. on another note i had a similar experience ordering from rocky mountain couple years ago got wheels and tires for my rzr at the time and the lug nuts never showed up even. grrr i was pissed. lol

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
finally remembered to get the tape out. outside edge of tire to outside edge of tire was 65-1/2" front and rear, more or less. i wasn't trying to be terribly accurate.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice machine,that tire wheel combo must have got rid of some rotating weight,they must be quite a bit lighter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts