Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
If it's not turbo charged I don't even want to look.

Tim
what if it has a blower instead of a turbo saw a little clip over the weekend of the car running in the desert and a quick look at an engine on the cover said supercharger ? If a sxs or a bike ???

·
Premium Member
9,736 Posts
I saw this on FB tonight, as I am sure others on here did too
Saw it, really doesn't do much for me. It's kind of in the XX, Talon, XP 1000, X3 base, group. I'm sure it will have a following from Kawi fans.

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Looks pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
I think they unveil at 10.00 this morning

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Has some great specs in the suspension and wheelbase department. Comes with a good tire size of 31". Just missing a turbo or supercharger.

112hp in the non-turbo market is a solid number.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
fuel tank size is good, has good ground clearance due to those 31" tires, outside / inside door handle and normal swing which is good, full half door standard, didn't see HP?, length a little under 11', bar-style CTV temperature / CVT belt warning lamp, not sure how much interior storage it has

priced at 20k so pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
fuel tank size is good, has good ground clearance due to those 31" tires, outside / inside door handle and normal swing which is good, full half door standard, didn't see HP?, length a little under 11', bar-style CTV temperature / CVT belt warning lamp, not sure how much interior storage it has

HP is 112 and 76tq. Great suspension numbers and wheelbase at 99".

Polaris is going to be having a fire sale on the XP1000 at the dealers. This Kawi has taken the good from just about every model and packaged it into a nicely priced non-turbo car.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts

HP is 112 and 76tq. Great suspension numbers and wheelbase at 99".

Polaris is going to be having a fire sale on the XP1000 at the dealers. This Kawi has taken the good from just about every model and packaged it into a nicely priced non-turbo car.

Agree

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
2020 Kawasaki KRX Release Date & Expectations

But,, will you have to spend another $2 to $3 grand to fix the shocks?
That goes with any model if you want to get the most out of your suspension.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Price point and/or dealer support will make or break it.

When Honda released it's PWC only a hand full of Honda dealers could sell them. Not too many people know that. Most Honda MC dealers couldn't sell nor service them.
It's part of many other reasons of what killed the Honda PWC.
I can understand why someone on here mentioned that when Honda released the Talon. It can be a BFD when you need Dealer support.

Kawasaki restricts what Kawi dealers can sell their Jet Ski's as well.
We bought a couple 310 HP Jet Skis and a month later our Kawai dealer lost the PWC line and we had no place almost within 2 hours to get them serviced or warrantied. The one dealer that did has a 100% turn over in mechanics and service writers every 60 days. Horrible to deal with. Known for the phrase "Where Customers go to Die". Like Sand Shark, we went through the same drama he did.

A greeter at Walmart one week, a mechanic the next.
I believe ya take it back where ya bought it for issues and service and Honda and Kawai can lay down on you.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Back when I was a youngster I bought a 550 (ski) it stopped running one day took it to the dealer and a week later thay had it running asked what happend they told me it was a fouled plug , later I was at vey’s out in santee getting some goodies and he told me that kawi had some trouble with some of the ski’s chock plate screws that dident get crimped and fall out told me to bring the repair order from when the (dealer) fixed my ski parts needed 2 plugs + 2 choke screws , vey went to kawi and ended up getting a new top end and crank + upgraded everything to the new gen engine so its all about the dealer

21 - 40 of 76 Posts