Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

161 - 180 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Before I did this mod.I did a stage 3 tune with clutching and the yoshi exhaust. I personally thought it went decent. My friend that tuned it. Said well you need to do a intake of some sort or its going to be a pig. He installed the box today and logged it and said what a difference. This is what I have for info. I am picking it up this afternoon can't wait to try it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anyone have trouble with dust getting past the filter with the new 2020 intake? I’m getting some dust past mine and not sure where it’s coming from. I put some sealer on the fitting for the PVC and the line for the boost solenoid. Any ideas?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone have trouble with dust getting past the filter with the new 2020 intake? I’m getting some dust past mine and not sure where it’s coming from. I put some sealer on the fitting for the PVC and the line for the boost solenoid. Any ideas?
Will check mine tonight.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I swapped out a super dirty filter a few days ago. The intake tract was perfectly clean.

Take a picture. May help identify where dust is getting through.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Unfortunately I left my X3 at my camp ground after last weekend so I cant grab a picture at the moment. The whole intake track has a slim coating of dust including the turbo blades. I did notice the cover fit pretty crappy (same as rcr1978's on the previous page). Maybe the cover is like that the filter isn't siting flush? I put some grease on the lip of the filter and it didn't help. I think I might swap back to my 2019 air box before the turbo or engine gives out. Hopefully I didn't cause any long term damage.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Unfortunately I left my X3 at my camp ground after last weekend so I cant grab a picture at the moment. The whole intake track has a slim coating of dust including the turbo blades. I did notice the cover fit pretty crappy (same as rcr1978's on the previous page). Maybe the cover is like that the filter isn't siting flush? I put some grease on the lip of the filter and it didn't help. I think I might swap back to my 2019 air box before the turbo or engine gives out. Hopefully I didn't cause any long term damage.
I would check the cover to make sure its flush, but that would not cause dirty air to bypass the filter. Id be looking at leaks in the filter or after the filter. Check that the intake boot is tight on both ends, the crankcase breather fitting and the line to the wastegate solenoid are not leaking.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can't wait to try this parts are on order and wi have them next week. Using these type of filters in heavy equipment if your isn't seated properly it can sometimes still latch down as it should and let air through. Worked with a guy who did not install the filter and pre filter right and wasn't seated properly but the lid still latched properly 20 or 30k later a new motor went into the crane, so just always double check if it seated properly best you can by feel.
Also is the lid wrapped? Hows the gasket in the lid? Is it showing signs it is sealing properly too ? Hose clamps are they all tight? Is the intake and turbo tubes all sitting flat as they should before clamping ? Few things to double check

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok I was just updated for you xmr guys the part #707800861 will NOT work to adapt the factory snorkel to the 2020 airbox, have to order a whole new snorkel so far I'm waiting on part numbers and any other possible options

·
Registered
22 Posts
So stock I even have my 2018 airbox lol!

Edited: Got a shipment notification from RMATV on the box last night.
Is yours a xmr ? I got a parts list just working on breaking it down for the proper part for the xmr. Did you install and tes my your self yet?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Xrs. Box should be here tomorrow. Going to check the kid fitment. Prob put it in week after next, still too hot out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Update : From what can tell x3 xmr model uses the 707800862 snorkel tube since the intake on filter housing is noticeably larger and the 707800861 is the wrong angle and wrong size for the factory pre 2020 xmr snorkel tube. And is on back order from brp without a shipping date here in canada

Update : contacted dealer again today and predicting middle of August where I am

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
I am just waiting on all my parts to arrive.

Reactions: Iroczu

·
Premium Member
2018.5 Can Am Maverick X3 XRS
125 Posts
I am just waiting on all my parts to arrive.

Same here... at least mine aren't on back order!

161 - 180 of 201 Posts