Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

221 - 238 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Oddly my 18.5 has a rubber boot that I pull off and pop back on when I need to get to that clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2,549 Posts
Just did this mod and was wondering what you guys do about the clamp against the wall? Do the newer model 20+ have an access hole behind the seat to give room for the clamp? I don’t like the idea of not having all clamps secure the lid. Maybe I’ll swing by the can-am dealer and take a peek at a 20’....
Yes...our 2020 also has the access hole for the clip.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Does anyone have a datalog that shows the temp climb for charge air on 20+ RR intercooler with the fan on all the time? I can gain 30°F on my 18 from a 0-70 pull pretty easy just wondering if the 20RR one is worth getting or just pony up for the C&R one? Here's a pic of one of mine.

·
Premium Member
7,609 Posts
There are so many factors that go into that. You would need to try the intercoolers on your machine in the same environment to get any meaningful results.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Can anyone post a pic of this access hole/boot?
Here you go,,, just installed the 2020 airbox into my 19 this afternoon (along with a slew of other items). I didn't need to remove the boot, just enough room on the side (because of the boot) to easily reach the clip.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you X3Poor! I’ll order up that piece from my local dealer. Probably just zip out the hole with a jigsaw. Will make it much easier to pop off cover and will fit a lot better against the wall.

I can’t believe the difference with the new filter box! Big difference for the $150 in parts! Highly recommend mod guys!

·
Registered
35 Posts
2019 stage 3, full exhaust, 34 in motohavocs stock clutching. Gboost belt and 2020 airbox update vs

Yxz stage 2 tune, full exhaust 30 in carnivores and manual swap no more paddle shift.
Before he would get the jump being manual this time have him bit of head start, I pulled before but not this hard on the yxz have to put the drag race videos together yet too

2020 172hp with the 2020 195hp airbox update stock minus exhaust cut out and 32 inch sti outbacks

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts
Any one know who might have the intake tube from the turbo to the air box for a 2020 ? Rocky mountain has nothing with no expected arrival date.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Any one know who might have the intake tube from the turbo to the air box for a 2020 ? Rocky mountain has nothing with no expected arrival date.
Have you tried any local brp dealers? I know here in Canada took me about 3 weeks to get one from our local dealer, and covid probably slowed production down

·
Registered
311 Posts
Looks like Partzilla has some in stock as of now.... That's where I got my entire 2020 intake from, no complaints.

·
Premium Member
2018.5 Can Am Maverick X3 XRS
160 Posts
Last weekend I was out at Ocotillo Wells, Ca SVRA. I had installed the 2020 airbox and "silencing tubes" as well as the Adrenaline Cycles x3 air intake relocation kit. It works with the S&B intake BTW. All I can say is OMFG it is like night and day difference at around the 5500 rpm mark, yes I have a helmet on and a loud a$$ stereo, but when puttin' around camp it's very tolerable now and I can actually speak and hear myself. Ambient temps were about 105*, belt temps varied from 135* to 168* (razorback guage).

I would recommend the airbox and tube upgrade!!! The Foam block off is icing on the cake! The only other thing I would recommend is a Shock Therapy Spring Kit, but that's another story :)
-Jason

·
Registered
35 Posts
Awesome sounds like everyone's got this swap figured out! Kudos to the op for originally working on getting part numbers figured out for the non xmr guys 🤟🤟

221 - 238 of 238 Posts