Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

201 - 220 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Yup the top is 2 and 14/7ths got it on, now to run the catch can I. And button it back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks this is a great thread BUT can I just confirm the parts required for those with Snorkels? There is not a snorkel kit designed for 2020 yet only 2019 and prior so I am guessing I have to change the snorkel as has been mentioned.
I am about to order a snorkel accessorie kit for my 2019 XRS and while I am at it change the airbox so for those with the snorkels I need to order part numbers below?

Replacement snorkel - 707800862 (instead of 707800861?)
Airbox to Turbo - 707800856
Clamp airbox - 514052924
Clamp snorkel - 293650096
Airbox - 707800859

If someone could just confirm that would be great please so I can get them ordered with my snorkel kit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
OK this is for the 2020 model (195 hp for sure others not positive ) updated airbox and snorkel for the 17 to 19 xmr model you need the 707800862 snorkel the 707800861 is the 17 to 19 xmr snorkel and will not fit the 2020 airbox,
The rest of the numbers I did not go back and check but if you found the airbox number and air box to turbo number (ending in 856)
514052924 air box to turbo adapter clamp (is on air box side) turbo side you can reuse the one on your machine

Snorkel to air box clamp I don't have a brp number off hand but was not in stock locally I ended up going to rona for a hose clamp 4inch one

Edited:

If you have a xmr you can also reuse your snorkel trim pieces it fits exactly the same

·
Registered
34 Posts
So did my swap this morning and went for a couple hour ride, didn't have an opportunity to push the machine and really wish I had a draggy to compare numbers

Stage 3 tune and full rjwc exhaust and yes cat deleted

Felt a little more responsive and felt like it had a little more pull but without having previous numbers its hard to say 100% I will be doing some full throttle pulls and drag races against a couple of machines I previously raced so will get a little better idea next weekend when we go out for our weekend shit rip

·
Registered
34 Posts
So after a weekend riding its definitely snappier, can hear the turbo while more distinctively. Raced my buddies yxz in the spring and again this weekend and defintely can feel a difference from rolling starts and also boost launches, worth the upgrade on my eyes but its not for everyone but gains are always good 🤟

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Is it safe to assume that there wouldn't be much to gain with this swap if you already have the EVO V-flow adapter?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is it safe to assume that there wouldn't be much to gain with this swap if you already have the EVO V-flow adapter?
I never used a v flow but I would assume probably not minus the fact it is a clean install and all factory. I am sure eventually some one will do a dyno pull to test it

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
guaranteed improved flow because the older filter box is very restive
the brp engineers knew there was a problem
the v flow is a improvement using the old filter box
when you look in the old filter box inlet you can see it is too small at the filter

Reactions: Iroczu

·
Registered
34 Posts
guaranteed improved flow because the older filter box is very restive
the brp engineers knew there was a problem
the v flow is a improvement using the old filter box
when you look in the old filter box inlet you can see it is too small at the filter
100% even the inlet is larger on the 2020 airbox

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was going to get a UMP x3 intake but I think the 2020 air box will be a great alternative if it fits. I have a 2019 x3 ds turbo r. So if I read this correctly the parts I need 293650303 clamp 707800859 silencer intake assy 514052924 clamp
707800856 duct intake in 293650096 clamp 273000234 breather
I’m going to do mod. So many numbers on this thread. What are the correct parts for someone who has not factory air box left. I put an aftermarket intake on so had to remove factory but going back to factory style. Ty

·
Registered
7 Posts
sure do feel better, thanks.
and thank you for reminding me how you newbs act and expect everything free and handed to you.
Would you mind sharing part #’s to me? I put an aftermarket intake system on but it sucks so I’d like to go back to a factory 2020 box on my 19 xds max. Ty

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was going to get a UMP x3 intake but I think the 2020 air box will be a great alternative if it fits. I have a 2019 x3 ds turbo r. So if I read this correctly the parts I need 293650303 clamp 707800859 silencer intake assy 514052924 clamp
707800856 duct intake in 293650096 clamp 273000234 breather
Those part #’s correct? I have a 19 xds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 19 xds x3 max. All these different parts going to fit before I order? I know there’s part numbers all over in this forum I’d like to just triple check before I order. Ty much.

·
Administrator
2,483 Posts
I have a 19 xds x3 max. All these different parts going to fit before I order? I know there’s part numbers all over in this forum I’d like to just triple check before I order. Ty much.
The triple check I would suggest is to write down all the parts with part numbers needed that these members have helped you with, verify the part numbers are correct yourself thru an entirely alternative source of your choice, and order...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Those part #’s correct? I have a 19 xds.
Just look through, I don't have the page memorized, only difference is the xmr and all the other models, the xmr needs a whole new snorkel and the other models just need the adapter elbow, if I recall off top of my head elbow/adapter part you need ends in a 861 and xmr was ending in 862

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just did this mod and was wondering what you guys do about the clamp against the wall? Do the newer model 20+ have an access hole behind the seat to give room for the clamp? I don’t like the idea of not having all clamps secure the lid. Maybe I’ll swing by the can-am dealer and take a peek at a 20’....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just did this mod and was wondering what you guys do about the clamp against the wall? Do the newer model 20+ have an access hole behind the seat to give room for the clamp? I don’t like the idea of not having all clamps secure the lid. Maybe I’ll swing by the can-am dealer and take a peek at a 20’....
I have a 19 and I’m able to get that one on. Just get it in the right position before you put the cover on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I re angled probably half the clamps so could gain access from either the center snorkel or from outside engine bay even if need an extentsion

201 - 220 of 238 Posts