Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

181 - 200 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts

Not as bad as some others, looks like it’d seal fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
About the same as mine maybe a little better, good news partzilla is going to replace mine supposedly. They did send a return label and I mailed it off the other day, I just hope the new one isn't worse.

·
Official Site Vendor
7,051 Posts
Dirt does not get past this filter.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I’ll do a vacuum test on it when I get back. I thought I was going to just pop it in last night, then realized the same elf that sharpened all the edges on the machine must have been the one to put the hose clamps on before putting it in the car.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I’ll do a vacuum test on it when I get back. I thought I was going to just pop it in last night, then realized the same elf that sharpened all the edges on the machine must have been the one to put the hose clamps on before putting it in the car.

The razor blade edges on these things is the gift that keeps on giving.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Seeing all of these bad air boxes makes me think that 2020 owners should be checking theirs to make sure they are not warped.

·
Premium Member
8,132 Posts
you guys are worried about nothing. the lid still seals, and IF it didn't the air leaked is still on the outside of the filter just like your intake.

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
Dust is inevitable in certain offroad situations. Once you come to terms with that, your stress level will go down and you will just deal with it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
you guys are worried about nothing. the lid still seals, and IF it didn't the air leaked is still on the outside of the filter just like your intake.
Defintely! Some of us though go through some water or instances I bathe in mine 😂 been into 4 to 4.5 feet of water. My box seems to seal good looking at seal appears to make contact around the whole lid, so unless the pressure/vacumm test above fails from mentioned above i wouldn't be to concerned

·
Registered
11 Posts
Installed the new air box on mine today, didn’t notice much if anything in the way of throttle response difference, but having less restriction can’t hurt. Needed a new filter anyways, at least that’s what I told the wife.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I felt the difference
throttle response
The machine is healthy and is breathing now, I can hear the turbo
less lag
dune test

Reactions: Iroczu

·
Registered
873 Posts
While pulling my old one out it was reconfirmed that my S&B fan stops working. I had very little dust on the filter but about a tablespoon of fine silt in the bottom duck lips drain I siliconed shut prior to the last 150 miles. Forgot I needed more hose clamps, I should have some somewhere, I thought.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yep, close to Mars sand hills north east of Winnipeg. You?
Winnipeg , ride alot out east and been venturing down south into woodridge this summer by atv spent alot of time down there with the truck but it's completely different from an atv prospective

·
Registered
873 Posts
The 2 hose clamps that we'll need to get, those are 2 and 7/5ths right? The upper is hard to guestimate. and I hate to have too much tail hanging.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ones I got for the boot between airbox and turbo is 2.5 inch (part number 293650303) and 4 inch (part number 514052924)

181 - 200 of 201 Posts