Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
45 hours on it First time in the mud my engine light comes on and goes to limp mode. So i changed all fliuds and plugs and disconnect battery.. Engine light comes on at start up.. i check voltage and its 14.3 running.. No fault codes.. I'm thinking bad gas or wiring issue.. any ideas?

·
Premium Member
9,968 Posts
If you were in the mud, how's your radiator looking? Probably clogged.

·
Premium Member
9,968 Posts
it looks good Would computer sence it at first cold start?
Not sure, but a hot engine would go into limp mode, that's a given. You need to make sure it's not packed with mud. If needed, do a light pressure wash, so you don't crush in the radiator fins.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i cleaned it out and even used a light to look through it.. ijust ran it it for ten minutes to where the fan kicked on and guage was in the middle... there is slight movment in the tack at idle and at 3000 rpms.. i may have a bad coil but i would think that would throw a code.. i'm not sure...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a pretty good knowlegde base working on stuff but this one has me stumped...

·
Premium Member
7,869 Posts
I use a Dynojet PV3 from Whalen Speed for with a custom tune. The PV3 allows you to ready codes and history. Im unsure on oem how that is done. there has to be something in your manual or on youtube.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
your not going to get any real help untill you tell us the code
the CEL must be on to read a active code
the correct procedure is in the owners manual

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
your not going to get any real help untill you tell us the code
the CEL must be on to read a active code
the correct procedure is in the owners manual
i agree i have no codes and no owner manuel for this machine... i have chased it down to the coil or injector on the #3 cylinder. I have drained fuel and changed batterys swithed coils and plugs around and the #3 cylinder is the focus now.. I'm know going to unhook the injector to see if it is that... i'm literlly chasing this pos machine.. I'm feeling like i should have bought a razor at this point.. i'm 35k deep in this machine and i can't play with it...

·
Premium Member
9,968 Posts
i agree i have no codes and no owner manuel for this machine... i have chased it down to the coil or injector on the #3 cylinder. I have drained fuel and changed batterys swithed coils and plugs around and the #3 cylinder is the focus now.. I'm know going to unhook the injector to see if it is that... i'm literlly chasing this pos machine.. I'm feeling like i should have bought a razor at this point.. i'm 35k deep in this machine and i can't play with it...
No warranty?

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
How the hell have you “chased it down to the coil” when you have no idea what the fault code it’s throwing? You don’t make much sense . If you don’t know what code you can’t chase anything. Maybe a rzr would be better for you. It’s either on fire or it’s not. Easy fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
776 Posts
When you say 'first time in the mud' do you mean you sunk it? You've gone to town on changing and chasing things. I'm assuming this was no floorboard deep mud.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How the hell have you “chased it down to the coil” when you have no idea what the fault code it’s throwing? You don’t make much sense . If you don’t know what code you can’t chase anything. Maybe a rzr would be better for you. It’s either on fire or it’s not. Easy fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I admit i'm chasing stuff.. i pulled 3 plugs out one was dark brown and two still white so i switched coil and plug and where i put the dark plug coil that on got dark on new plug... I see no fault codes running or not when i pull it up from ecm.. i don't have a remote code reader to plug in.. trying put off the enable of buying one it sounds like..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When you say 'first time in the mud' do you mean you sunk it? You've gone to town on changing and chasing things. I'm assuming this was no floorboard deep mud.
it got alittle deep in the back coming out.. it's something stupid probly but i can't find it... i'm going to put in dual battery set up and pounder on buying a code reader..I wish they made one reader for can-am and razor but i havn't heard of one yet..

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
pv3 will work for the x3 and the rzr
but I dont believe you can use the same pv3 on both

1 - 20 of 22 Posts