Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to shift from Low to Reverse, heard a loud bang. Was able to move shift lever to Park but now cannot move it to any gear. Rear Diff is locked, belt is in tact. With shift lever in Park position the machine rolls as if it is in Neutral. Any ideas on what could have broken?

·
Registered
411 Posts
this may make me sound like an a-hole, but are you positive it's in park? sometimes these machines levers can be placed in a selected gear area, but not actually be in that gear.

Have you tried to get it into L or H and see if it would still roll, or start, or drive?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this may make me sound like an a-hole, but are you positive it's in park? sometimes these machines levers can be placed in a selected gear area, but not actually be in that gear.

Have you tried to get it into L or H and see if it would still roll, or start, or drive?
That is the problem. I cannot move the shift lever more than half way to R. I believe the something in the transmission broke which is stopping it from shifting and is allowing the rear wheels to free-wheel. If it was in gear I don't think I should be able to sping the rear wheels by hand. I took the belt cover off and can spin the primary clutch with effort without the wheels turning. and the secondary clutch turns easily by hand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts